Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default 9 March Apple event - What will we see

Invites have been sent and appointments made, but just will we see from Apple on 9March?

It is pretty much a given that the main part of the event will be the Apple Watch, ahead of its April launch.

However given the watch has been shown to the press once, it seems unlikely that will be the only item on the Agenda.

So with that thought in mind, what do you think we will see.

I am leaning towards a 12-inch Retina MacBook Air being shown off, though I am still a bit unclear if Apple yet has the chip it wants from intel for this machine.

There has been little talk about the so called iPad Pro of late so it seems unlikely that is near ready for prime time yet, though Apple might be able to surprise on the plus side there.

So what are you expecting or maybe what you would like to see Apple reveal on the day?
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

I am 99.9% a new Apple TV is coming out as Apple Australia has removed the current model from their govt contract pricing.
    James from Perth W.A (Wait Awhile)

I think there is a chance that the iPod Touch 5 will be discontinued or replaced.... Being selfish, I hope neither as the continued sales of the iPad Mini 1 and the iPod Touch 5 are one of the reasons why my iPad 2 is still supported.

I think iWatch show off, Macbook Air current model spec bump, 12 inch model shown off, new Apple TV ... not sure what else? iOS public beta progrma
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

LOL. New AppleTV. Figures. I had just decided (around 5pm yesterday) to sacrifice my FlyBuys points on an AppleTV3. (I'll be selling my 2 once it arrives and I can establish that PlexConnect is OK on it). Well, I hope its a BIG improvement over the current, and I hope it lets us do more than the current. If so, I'll buy it. But really... bazillions of sport channels? No thanks!! give me iView and SBSOnDemand. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    LOL. New AppleTV. Figures. I had just decided (around 5pm yesterday) to sacrifice my FlyBuys points on an AppleTV3. (I'll be selling my 2 once it arrives and I can establish that PlexConnect is OK on it). Well, I hope its a BIG improvement over the current, and I hope it lets us do more than the current. If so, I'll buy it. But really... bazillions of sport channels? No thanks!! give me iView and SBSOnDemand. Thank you.
    I hope most of the new features are software wise so the old one gets them. I'd also love iView and SBSOnDemand. I'd actually like the ability to connect an external hard drive, or store content on a time capsule or something, and for there to be an App store.

Hopefully the new hardware will be 4K capable.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

It will be all about the watch. No other distractions.
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

Or, Perhaps, maybe, they will finally admit that they are working on the iCar

• Strong possibility for an Apple Watch presentation.
    • Maybe an Apple TV update?
    • Possibly an announcement of the rumoured Retina MacBook? Probably not appended with "Air"; maybe just "MacBook"?
    • Or, they could even include the rumoured larger iPad with the Stylus?

If anything, I see this event as being more of an update and refresh (Apple Watch, existing products, etc.). They have just announced an entirely new product - which hasn't even shipped, nor physically revealed to the public - so deciding to announce yet another new product (or two) would seem like a bit much.

However, as always, we'll have to wait and see.
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" (Mid-2014) iPhone 6 iPad mini 2

leafnight.wordpress.com | Twitter