Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default when will we see a new iPod nano?

My wife though my iPod nano needed a clean and ran it through the wash with my gym gear.
    Im debating to buy one now or wait for new ones. Any idea's on how far off they will be?
    27" iMac, 64gb iPad air 2, 64GB iPhone 6, 2 X apple TV, ipod nano, iPod classic

I think everyone is unsure about the future of the iPod range.

Tradditionally new iPods were introduced in September but this has not been the case in recent years and apple could also introduce them at a different event.

I'd say the iPod nano will get an iOS 7 redesign and depending on the future of the iPod touch, bigger storage capacities.

So in answer to your question, if apple was going to follow their past patterns - we'd possibly see a new one in September but who knows.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

I would add there doesn't seem to be any rumours of anything upcoming, which makes me think any refresh is a while off and as Oldmacs says normally it is around September if they do something. They are however a little less predictable these days and I wouldn't fall over in shock if say something minor happened around the time the Apple Watch launched, particularly for the Touch.

I do expect there will be another round as there is no real issue with the parts used and a design refresh shouldn't be a big issue for them,the classic was killed off due to limits on the parts it used and not being worth redesigning.
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

What does your wife actually use her nano for?? I highly doubt a new nano would make the current one obsolete... My 2009 Nano 4 does pretty much everything that the latest iPod nano does... Basically I don't think there is actually that much that apple could add to the nano, it can't go much thinner, making it bigger screened would defeat the purpose. I don't see them re-adding the camera or many new features either to be honest.

If your wife just uses her nano for music go ahead and buy the current generation
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

A friend of mine just uses hers when she walks. Music and whatever app measures steps. She had hers stolen when she was in Turkey recently and has replaced it with another because it did exactly what she wanted, no more or less. I've been considering getting one, myself, to listen to my audiobooks, instead of running my phone battery down whilst listening.

Cool. Maybe ill just buy one then.
    27" iMac, 64gb iPad air 2, 64GB iPhone 6, 2 X apple TV, ipod nano, iPod classic