Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Griffin CubePort

Hi,

I've recently bought an old Apple Cube, specifically to run some legacy music software - the software connects to some hardware which requires a MiniDin8 port the same as the PPC series of Macs, I can apparently use a product called a CubePort to do this, but haven't had any luck finding one.

Putting it out there, does anyone here have one they could part with, or know where I can get one?

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

you just need a USB to mac serial port adapter - I'm not sure why the CubePort is targeted towards G4 Cubes (can only assume it tucks away nicely under the shell perhaps).

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    I'm not sure why the CubePort is targeted towards G4 Cubes (can only assume it tucks away nicely under the shell perhaps).
    It does - it replaces the Cube's modem port (which, from memory, was still just a modified mac serial port in the Cubes).

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. USB -> Serial interfaces won't work for MIDI applications as outlined here: The Mac Serial Port; Romulus PCI card; Opcode Optical Port; All About Plug-ins

This is the details for the CubePort: The Cube-Zone : G4 Cube forever!

Thanks

Richard