Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Delete iTunes match./ start again

I recently had a seagate 3tb crash and lost all the data, (had 90% backup), i mostly lost music that i had ripped from cd's.

I've made a new iTunes library and ripped most of the lost music into the library, but match isn't letting me start a new match library.

It's stating that my library is over 25000 (from the old library) and new music can't be added, i'm happy to lose all of the existing match library and start again from new rips and saved files, but don't know how.

In other words, delete a whole match library and make a new one with the existing files I now have.

Any help is appreciated.

Btw, perhaps it's a match issue, the cloud icon (matching) has been stuck on for days (from the new imports) with no match's at all,
    i've got a fast broadband connection 100mps+ so speed is no issue, but not getting any results.

wow, 189 views and not a single post, guess it's a tough question, if I find any further helpful info, i'll pass it on.

Tassiecelt Guest

I can't help, but would say that I tried Match and hated it. I prefer to have all my music on my MBP and sync just what I need to iPhone or iPad
    I got fed up being in the car and having to download each tune I wanted to hear.

I use iTunes match to sync between a couple of machines and while it can be a bit clunky/laggy while you wait for it to sync up to the cloud then back down to the other machines it's generally pretty good.

As for your problem, I'd suggest temporarily creating a new iTunes library then logging into your account and letting it sync to the point where it can see all the music in the cloud that it has available for download... At this point you select all and hit delete and it should ask if you want to delete it from your iCloud library... hit yes and it *should* do what you want.

***I'm basing this on guess work and the fact that I have deleted songs from iCloud myself before (one off).
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

Thanks hawk, and I'll give it a go

just a quick update, it seems you can actually download your match library to your hd.

So right now i'm downloading 20478 songs from iCloud/match to my macbook hd, so in effect even thought I actually lost the original files, i'm now able to retrieve them, which I never thought possible, but it seem to be working.

seems about 4secs per song thus far.

I'm so relived because I've spent 2+ years trying to perfect my library with Movies Tv and Songs with every aspect.

I've spent plenty of $ on apps ( song kong, Jaikoz, Dupin, Identify, Iflicks, Song Seargent+ more lol) so it's finally feeling like it's complete and now it's almost like starting over again, but if this works out i'll be a satisfied man.