Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: U2 Album

Angry U2 Album

Can anyone see the U2 album in their library ? I can't !!
    27" iMac | iPad Air 2 128GB | ATV | iPhone5S 64GB | AirPort Extreme | iPod Classic | Apple Watch ;-)

Let's just say that it wasn't available after 5 seconds like they promised, but it was within a couple minutes.

I was playing it while Tim and Bono were still chatting on stage.

Just go to albums in the music app and search for it, then download it from iCloud.
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

Quote Originally Posted by carlow1 View Post
    Just go to albums in the music app and search for it, then download it from iCloud.
    Its not there thats my point !! in the itunes store on itunes i can stream it from the page but no option to download and the cloud download option is missing !!
    27" iMac | iPad Air 2 128GB | ATV | iPhone5S 64GB | AirPort Extreme | iPod Classic | Apple Watch ;-)

Same here. Tried turning everything on and off that I could find. No little cloud downloads here on my phone. Will have to try itunes when i get home.

Mycle.

Likewise. It was not in my Library, but it was showing in "purchased" however there was no option except "Download all" which didn't work. The servers would be getting hammered. I'm going to wait a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    Likewise. It was not in my Library, but it was showing in "purchased" however there was no option except "Download all" which didn't work. The servers would be getting hammered. I'm going to wait a day or two.
    Same here.

Tried a few times on different machines with no luck.
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

I watched the keynote, and when it said it was available, i opened up iTunes, and it was there in my music library, with the little iCloud download icon, clicked on it, downloaded it, played it, deleted it...

Finally showed up in my purchased tracks in the store app when I went to the 'recent purchases' bit and let me click on the download link there.

On first listen i think it will join all the post-Pop albums in the pile of 'listened-to-once'.

I've been listening to the album all day and I like, but I should add I have always been a U2 fan.
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

Didn't have any issues here at about 5am

I like this album. I'd have bought it anyway. Superb it's free. I guess they want us to buy a Product (Red) iPhone cover now. Yeah ok then.

So what chance this becomes one of the biggest selling albums of all time?
    Late 2015 - 4.7" iPhone 6s (Silver), 1.8 GHz 16nm TSMC A9, 128GB, iOS 9.2
    Late 2013 - 13" rMBP 2.6GHz Intel 4th-gen i5, 22nm Haswell, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, OS X 10.11.2

Ok, this is better than good. What a quality album. Favourite track, 'This is where you can reach me now'.

there was a report in an Irish Newspaper yesterday that Apple paid $100m for the exclusive rights to the album ! U2 gets $100m from Apple - to give away new album - Independent.ie

Mine still isn't showing up. Not in purchase history and not anywhere else.

(but if I go into the album it's marked purchased)
    Drive a VW?

I got mine yesterday morning... weird!
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Lane Cove North, New South Wales, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    Mine still isn't showing up. Not in purchase history and not anywhere else.

(but if I go into the album it's marked purchased)
    Go to the iTunes store, click on the Purchased tab on the right hand side, and it should be there. Then click to download.

Quote Originally Posted by mick132 View Post
    Go to the iTunes store, click on the Purchased tab on the right hand side, and it should be there. Then click to download.
    Brilliant! That works perfectly.
    Drive a VW?

I have listened to this album in full about 10 times now. It will make an awesome tour. New favourite track 'California (There is no end to love)'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast