Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Watch

Same as you SRG. Write, paint left handed. Use mouse, bowl, punch right handed. When I use my iphone for browsing I'm right and talking on my iphone I'm left handed.
    Last edited by carlow1; 11th September 2014 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Spell error

Interesting. I'm right handed and use that for writing, mousing etc, but I am a leftie for phone use whether apps on the phone or talking.

Ill be buying 2 apple watches. Love the look and design. Cannot wait! and how about the different bands that they have made available, talk about customization! scchhhweeeetttt!
    Macbook Pro 15" Late 2008, intel core 2 duo 2.66Ghz, 250GB SSD. 8GB Ram.
    iPhone 5 16GB
    Mac Mini, 2011, core i5, 8GB Ram.

Quote Originally Posted by iGOOSE View Post
    The Watch is great if you're right handed...

But if you're left handed, forget it!

You'd be forever obscurring

the display trying to spin

the digital crown...

C'mon Apple

sort it

out!
    iGOOSE you are a Goose...
    iPhone 5 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Not keen on having a wireless device against my skin at all times, till they prove that there is no cancer risk.
    In some way, shape, or form, I think Apple would have spent quite a substantial amount of time and resources in testing this out... highly unlikely given all the regulatory procedures that they need to pass
    iPhone 5 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by bwolf77 View Post
    In some way, shape, or form, I think Apple would have spent quite a substantial amount of time and resources in testing this out... highly unlikely given all the regulatory procedures that they need to pass
    There is regulation on the intensity of the radiation these things give off, but no one is quite sure what it means. I doubt any research will get done into it any time soon as it would be damaging for the mobile phone industry.

Have you ever noticed that the iPhone instructions say to operate it away from your body for safety purposes?

Its sad that people aren't giving the Apple Watch a chance. My family has decided its a flop because it only has a days charge... according to a SMH article based on rumour. It seems very fashionable to be an Apple hater these days !
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

WHO hasn't been able to determine if phones are causing cancer or not, thus i avoid using my iPhone holding it to my ear - i use earbuds. I doubt that mobile phone usage will/has led to massive increases in cancers, even if there is a mild risk, I'd rather not risk it.
    The only phones that would have been likely to cause cancer, if not fry your brains out after a 2 min conversation would have been these mammoths...
    iPhone 5 16GB

Its sad that people aren't giving the Apple Watch a chance. My family has decided its a flop because it only has a days charge... according to a SMH article based on rumour. It seems very fashionable to be an Apple hater these days !
    come on now, we can't base battery life expectancy according to a SMH article. Until Apple states how long the battery life is, there is no point in even speculating how long the Apple Watch will last. 3 days, one day, a week? it's all rumour for now...
    iPhone 5 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by bwolf77 View Post
    come on now, we can't base battery life expectancy according to a SMH article. Until Apple states how long the battery life is, there is no point in even speculating how long the Apple Watch will last. 3 days, one day, a week? it's all rumour for now...
    Thats what I said!!!! But noooo apparently because SMH said it, then its real and its going to flop :rolls eyes:

Another more pressing matter is driving distraction.. its going to leed to a lot of distracted drivers!
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Actually as I said in the morning news this morning, it was actually Re/code who reported it based on conversations with Apple sources. Apple did say they expect better by launch day but had a expectation "people would be charging it overnight"
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

Like every other decent watch out there. C'mon, deal with it... Next you'll all be moaning about the new ferrari that only comes in left hand drive!
    given that the Apple watch actually has a solution, unlike every other watch out there, this doesn't even qualify as a first world problem. I personally am more devastated at the news there won't be a RHD Ferrari.
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Actually as I said in the morning news this morning, it was actually Re/code who reported it based on conversations with Apple sources. Apple did say they expect better by launch day but had a expectation "people would be charging it overnight"
    Well that does bring up a concern. A friend of mine asked whats the point of a wristwatch that you can't take camping or anywhere that the battery won't last when its replacing something as integral as a watch.

That's what battery packs are for! In any case, camping trips are what the majority of SUV owners say they bought their vehicle for, and then use them off-road less than 1% of the time....if you understand the logic

I'm a self confessed Apple Fan Boy but I thought it looked down right ugly. Not a whole lot different to look at than the old iPod Nano with a strap on from a few years back. Round would have been better but wouldn't swap my nice Citizen Chrono which I can wear 24/7 swimming and showering too. If I need what it can do I'm happy to pull out my iPhone. It's not that far to my jeans pocket. Also, not certain obviously, but a quick glance for the time might not activate the screen. I'm sure a couple of generations down the track it will be slimmer, round, better battery, sapphire glass and waterproof. For now will spend my Apple bucks on a shiny new iPhone 6 day one.
    iMac 27" i7, 16GB RAM Late 2009 running El Capitan, iPhone 6 64GB and iPad Air 128GB WiFi + 4G, ATV2

Quote Originally Posted by Back2Bedlam View Post
    Why! They don't say that for any other products, and if you buy a watch that has a crown dial, just like on my Tag, it's on the right, nothing you can do about it, it's just the way it is.
    Because they are pushing the 'digital crown' for the interface. On a regular watch, you would only use the crown to change the time/date if you travelled, or the battery went flat. The crown on the Apple Watch is going to be a controller. Personally, I agree they should have made it obvious that they'd have a left handed version.
    "Some say, that if you hold him in the wrong way, he doesn't work properly..."
    - Jeremy Clarkson

There are leftie versions of quite a number of classic watches. I think people are complaining too much about the Apple Watch in this respect. Screen rotation is a pretty obvious feature of most of these devices, especially Apples.

I haven't worn a watch in 15 years and I was always a bit of a naysayers when it can to the iWatch or more to the point I was firmly in the not interested camp but I must say that the keynote and accompanying video about it have swayed me a little. If I find the right band I might just take the plunge.

^^ This! I haven't really seen a good smart watch use case until Apple's presentation. Plus there's some beautiful design in the Apple Watch. But I will wait until after release and reviews before I make a decision

From the KeyNote, it looks like it comes pre-loaded with system apps such as Stocks and Weather.

Hopefully they can be deleted.
    Late 2015 - 4.7" iPhone 6s (Silver), 1.8 GHz 16nm TSMC A9, 128GB, iOS 9.2
    Late 2013 - 13" rMBP 2.6GHz Intel 4th-gen i5, 22nm Haswell, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD, OS X 10.11.2

In the Charlie Rose interview I posted In The news, Cook has a working one on. Interestingly he said there were apps on there that hadn't been announced, but you would have to have good eye sight to see what they were.
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast