Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Watch

Apple failed to say that the Watch WILL work for left handers

Only difference is the crown will be below the button.

Where’s our left-handed Apple Watch? [Update] - SlashGear

Well done Apple. Just should have mentioned it at the Keynote.

Quote Originally Posted by kerr View Post
    Well done Apple. Just should have mentioned it at the Keynote.
    Why! They don't say that for any other products, and if you buy a watch that has a crown dial, just like on my Tag, it's on the right, nothing you can do about it, it's just the way it is.

I've always worn a watch and have been wearing a $5 watch for the past year waiting to see what the so called iWatch would be like. I'd like one purely for the fitness side of things. The notifications don't really bother me.

On the cancer risk, it seems 1 in every 3 people get some kind of cancer these days. I'm not going to avoid enoying life to reduce my risk. There is a good chance I could get some kind of cancer in the future anyway.
    iMac 24" 2.8 GHz (2008), Macbook Air (1st Gen), iPhone 3g, iPod Shuffle 2g (Product Red), Apple TV, Airport Express (N).

Successful Trades : grfxninja, Boddiz, Phaze, iMarty, f1_Power, Jimdrum, Clockwork, iSlayer, Brentnal, Atomic, Danno74,
    Darbgod, Loc04t, Swoffam & Itsanobscured

And perhaps increased wireless technology is leading to it?

If I wasn't concerned about that I'd be out to buy one quick smart ( when they're released)
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    No about Cancer :P
    Are you also a vegan non-smoking teetotaller that eats mainly raw food and avoids all processed food?

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

People that eat like that may not live all that longer in reality, it just seems like it.
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

[QUOTE=kerr;1211469]Are you also a vegan non-smoking teetotaller that eats mainly raw food and avoids all processed food?[/QUOTE

Not a vegan, but kind of keep an eye on processed meats like ham for possible cancer links. I would never smoke. I recognise that almost everything reportedly gives you cancer, however I'm not convinced that we've heard the end of the cellphone radiation cancer research just yet.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

The scientific evidence is ambiguous, at best. Much greater risk of skin cancers in Australia...much greater!

Quote Originally Posted by TimboC View Post
    The scientific evidence is ambiguous, at best. Much greater risk of skin cancers in Australia...much greater!

Oh I know, and I'm one for taking care of my skin.

I just see it as an added unnecessary risk until the science is sorted out.

The Watch is great if you're right handed...

But if you're left handed, forget it!

You'd be forever obscurring

the display trying to spin

the digital crown...

C'mon Apple

sort it

out!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Not keen on having a wireless device against my skin at all times, till they prove that there is no cancer risk.
    It's legally easier to say they haven't found evidence to show _______ (something at risk) to cause ______ (the risk of your concern) than saying there is no risk.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Apple has confirmed the bands are swappable and the interface can be turned around in settings, so there should be little issue for left handlers.

"Update: So, it turns out the Apple Watch really works TWO ways. Apple tells us on initial setup, you can choose to have the watch face orient itself for use on the right wrist, making it friendly to lefties. The watch bands are also swappable, so your band isn't facing the wrong way. Good news for everyone involved, but like most things in life, Lefties will still have to deal with a right-handed design -- the crown will be on the bottom of the left side of the watch when on the right wrist."
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

Given the way iGOOSE typed his post, I think he was trolling.

But that is awesome from Apple.

If we had the choice, I wonder what is a better config, Crown above the button or vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by iGOOSE View Post
    The Watch is great if you're right handed...

But if you're left handed, forget it!

You'd be forever obscurring

the display trying to spin

the digital crown...

C'mon Apple

sort it

out!
    Do your homework, it can be turned around...

Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Apple has confirmed the bands are swappable and the interface can be turned around in settings, so there should be little issue for left handlers.

"Update: So, it turns out the Apple Watch really works TWO ways. Apple tells us on initial setup, you can choose to have the watch face orient itself for use on the right wrist, making it friendly to lefties. The watch bands are also swappable, so your band isn't facing the wrong way. Good news for everyone involved, but like most things in life, Lefties will still have to deal with a right-handed design -- the crown will be on the bottom of the left side of the watch when on the right wrist."
    Like every other decent watch out there. C'mon, deal with it... Next you'll all be moaning about the new ferrari that only comes in left hand drive!

Quote Originally Posted by Back2Bedlam View Post
    Like every other decent watch out there. C'mon, deal with it... Next you'll all be moaning about the new ferrari that only comes in left hand drive!
    you're shitting me? FFS

I'm actually really thinking of getting one now, I keep looking at the website and coming close to drooling. It looks so cool and considering I keep my iPhone in my bag most of the time I can see the application.

I must be the only left handed person who wears a watch on my left wrist, and use a mouse with my right hand.

Quote Originally Posted by carlow1 View Post
    I must be the only left handed person who wears a watch on my left wrist, and use a mouse with my right hand.
    left or right?

tennis?
    throwing a ball?
    kicking a ball?
    cricket - batting?
    cricket - bowling?

No I am the same write left handed but wear my watch on my left wrist and use the mouse with my right. So it really doesn't bother me at all the way it is set up by default.

should add I do bowl, throw and kick on my right though (well back when I did those things lol)
    An Aussie Online Sports Book store http://www.lockerroombooks.com.au

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast