Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Apple Watch

Interesting! Mine was saying the same as yours (27 May - 10 June), but now it's blown out to 29 May - 12 June. It must be the black sports band!😀

Ordered a black 42mm Sports watch and black band - 5 to 7 weeks....
    Couldn't justify the cost for a stainless steel version - especially on a V1 product.

I pre-ordered the 38mm sports with blue band which arrived on launch day. I then ordered the black sports band on 3 May and it was delivered on 12 May, so if you want your watch quickly and don't mind waiting a bit for the black band, this might be the way to go.

Mine says "Available to ship: 4-6 weeks. Delivers: 27/05/2015 - 10/06/2015 by Standard Shipping".

Starting to lose faith in Apple's arithmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbod View Post
    Mine says "Available to ship: 4-6 weeks. Delivers: 27/05/2015 - 10/06/2015 by Standard Shipping".

Starting to lose faith in Apple's arithmetic.
    Mine said delivers 11/6/15 - 25/6/15...

Just got invoice and delivery email...comes on Monday! I'm happy though

Mine, too...somewhat interesting that the few who have received theirs have had much to say, in posts

i ordered the black apple watch with black link bracelet on preorder day at 5:03pm - until yesterday it said "Ships June" all of a sudden yesterday I got shipment notification and it turned up today
    Trades List iPad Mini in Nissan 350Z worklog Monitor Stand Worklog
    27" 2013 iMac, 32GB RAM, 3TB Fusion, 2GB Graphics 27" Cinema Display 27" Thunderbolt Display

Quote Originally Posted by TimboC View Post
    Mine, too...somewhat interesting that the few who have received theirs have had much to say, in posts
    which posts - I haven't seen many apart from this thread?

Sorry...typo or autocorrect. I meant "haven't had much to say" 😊

There's not much to say. the watch works, a minor bug with iMessages not going through via iPhone but the latest OS update for the watch may have fixed it. There was an update overnight. I'm waiting for my 3rd party band and adaptor to arrive. Can't wait for latest versions of the watch to come.
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Any notable 3rd party apps?

Does anyone have the link bracelet? What do you think?
     iPhone 6,  iPad Air 2,  27" iMac,  Watch

Loving it!

Sorry for the hairy arm lol

It's awesomely made and brilliantly easy to adjust the size and very comfortable. Def not worth the pricetag though!
    Last edited by Pharaohsam; 24th May 2015 at 10:37 PM.
    Trades List iPad Mini in Nissan 350Z worklog Monitor Stand Worklog
    27" 2013 iMac, 32GB RAM, 3TB Fusion, 2GB Graphics 27" Cinema Display 27" Thunderbolt Display

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin View Post
    There's not much to say. the watch works, a minor bug with iMessages not going through via iPhone but the latest OS update for the watch may have fixed it. There was an update overnight. I'm waiting for my 3rd party band and adaptor to arrive. Can't wait for latest versions of the watch to come.
    Which 3rd party band and adaptor did you buy?? URL link...

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
    Which 3rd party band and adaptor did you buy?? URL link...
    First post in this thread:
    http://www.mactalk.com.au/65/119436-...ple-watch.html
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Lockley View Post
    Does anyone have the link bracelet? What do you think?
    I bought the link bracelet.

What do I think about it? It's a nice bracelet, there are things I like and don't like about it.

- The bracelet is very easy to adjust (but realistically you should not need to adjust the links very often).
    - You can tell that the bracelet is well designed

Dislikes
    - The bracelet does not allow you to make micro adjustments. My ideal size is between link sizes (i.e. on one setting it is a bit too tight and on another setting it's a bit too loose). If the Apple Watch is too loose, I find that the heart rate and activity monitoring is a bit off (and on occasion my Apple Watch locks itself as it has lost connection with my writs). On my old watch, the link bracelet allowed micro adjustments via the clasp (so you could make half link adjustments).
    - The butterfly clasp employed can be a bit fiddly. I would have preferred a more traditional clasp
    - The bracelet maintains it's loop when off the wrist. I prefer a link bracelet which collapses onto itself so your watch can lie flat when off the wrist.

So overall the link bracelet is nice and the best band Apple sells (IMHO), but it could have been better.
    iPhone 6 128GB Space Grey, iPad Air 2 -128GB Space Grey, 11" Macbook Air, 27" Core i5 iMac, Mac Mini, Airport Extreme

Thanks for that Changa. I think I will buy it because I really do like link bracelets. My fear was exactly what you said about the fit and how it could be loose or too tight due to my wrist size but we will see what happens
     iPhone 6,  iPad Air 2,  27" iMac,  Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin View Post
    cheers - which band did you end up going for?
    AND
    is there an eta for the adaptor?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffP View Post
    cheers - which band did you end up going for?
    AND
    is there an eta for the adaptor?
    I got the Click. Because the campaign was so successful, I got 3 adaptors for the price of 1, and 2 free bands - a silver metal one and a black leather one. Great! ETA is June.
    36 Trades

Apple Store Chadstone has sports bands (I didn't see any black) in store for sale and Milanese loop bands out the back for sale but not yet on display.
    --------------------
    macbook pro, mirror door g4, ipod shuffle, ipod 5g
    passion: music

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast