Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Triggering script via JDBC

I am using a Java application to connect to my Filemaker DB via JDBC. When I run a query to insert the data, I need Filemaker to run a script to process the data.
    Is there any was to trigger this from the Java app?
    Using the OnObjectModify or OnObjectSave script triggers in filemaker does not seem to work.

I am running Filemaker Pro 11
    Last edited by Jacko30; 4th September 2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Killing two birds with one stone just wastes an opportunity to throw stones!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko30 View Post
    I am using a Java application to connect to my Filemaker DB via JDBC. When I run a query to insert the data, I need Filemaker to run a script to process the data.
    Is there any was to trigger this from the Java app?
    Using the OnObjectModify or OnObjectSave script triggers in filemaker does not seem to work.

I am running Filemaker Pro 11

Hi Jacko,

I don't know of a direct method. Have you tried any workarounds, like...

1. Using Install OnTimer Script in the FM Pro file that periodically runs a script to check for a change. (If hosted by FileMaker Server this can be done with a scheduled script.) Data processing won't be immediate, though, of course.

2. Using Java to open a simple FM file with an automatic startup script that (1) runs the desired script in your target FM file and (2) quits, ready to be opened again.