Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Will iWatch make or break Tim Cook's career at Apple?

I feel that iPhone 6 will be a decent success - but Cook won't get much extra brownie points for it. Instead, the response to iWatch will be more crucial to his future at Apple. Do you feel the same?

Default Will iWatch make or break Tim Cook's career at Apple?

If the rumoured "iWatch" is announced, it will either be criticised for what it *isn't*, or dismissed because it is seen as a "gimmick". I don't think Tim Cook will ever be free of comparison and scrutiny, however I truly think he - or anyone who could have inherited that position - would've been prepared for this aspect of the career.

As for the iPhones: I think that the next generation, if it does feature a larger display, will be just as successful as the 5s (if not more). I remember how much "buzz" there was around the launch of the 5s, where the primary *visual* marketing and press focused on Touch ID and the gold colour option.
    MacBook Pro Retina 13" (Mid-2014) iPhone 6 iPad mini 2

leafnight.wordpress.com | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencium View Post
    I remember how much "buzz" there was around the launch of the 5s, where the primary *visual* marketing and press focused on Touch ID and the gold colour option.
    I remember how much negativity there was around the launch of the 5 when the screen wasn't wider than it was, if the 6 is to increase Apples market share then the 6 needs to have a wider screen not just a longer screen.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |