Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Traveling to USA - Wanting to recieve calls, don't need to be able to make them

Hey Guys!

My girlfriend and I are off to the US in April and I'm planing on getting myself a T-Mobile sim for while I'm there (iPhone 5s).

We decided there's no real need to pay double the amount so she can have a sim as she's only there for 10 days, but I thought it might be worth asking if anyone knows of a super cheap option that would give her an active sim that I could call incase we got separated, even if she couldn't call me / text / no data.

I know most plans in the states charge you to receive calls as well, so this might not be an option, but figured it worth asking anyway.

Also, if anyone knows of any better options for myself than going with a pre-paid T-Mobile plan feel free to throw any knowledge my way. It will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Maybe see if Travelsim has what you need? A friend of mine has one for his frequent NZ visits.
    TravelSIM International SIM Card

Quote Originally Posted by kyte View Post
    Maybe see if Travelsim has what you need? A friend of mine has one for his frequent NZ visits.
    TravelSIM International SIM Card
    Thanks for the reply Kyte. I did think that could be a good option, but then realised it's $49 for a sim, and for around $50 I could get the GF setup with a T-Mobile or AT&T sim that would have better functionality I think.

My mate in the USA has mentioned the prepaid straight talk SIM you can pick up at walmart. $US49 for unlimited talk/text/data. I believe you get 2.5GB before it just gets shaped.
    Something about Jimby.

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post
    My mate in the USA has mentioned the prepaid straight talk SIM you can pick up at walmart. $US49 for unlimited talk/text/data. I believe you get 2.5GB before it just gets shaped.
    Thanks Leon. Might be perfect for myself I think