Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Oh cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Different date code. It seems that it's actually a second machine.
    Yeah, good spot it is different.

Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    Different machine- this one has a hard drive and the last one had an x/profile instead.

Alexander has a few of these I think- got one from him a year ago.
    Different date code. It seems that it's actually a second machine.
    Indeed it is another machine. The first one has already been delivered to its new owner. And as Tim said I do/did have a few of these, but this will probably be the last one listed for a while if I ever do list another one. There really is quite alot of work put into these units, spare working parts are impossible to get for a reasonable price and even then work needs to be put in to get them working again.

I thought i'd add in the information on the date code on this one as it seemed a few people were interested in its original manufacturer date on the first one I had listed. But if anyone has any questions feel free to ask

Non Mac-realted, but I'm here drooling over some of your restored audio.

The Sansui AU-101 is a favourite of mine. Wish I could afford the Rams turntable. And have been sniffing around for a matching ST-88 and TA-88 set for cheap.

The restorations look great.

Non Mac-realted, but I'm here drooling over some of your restored audio.

The Sansui AU-101 is a favourite of mine. Wish I could afford the Rams turntable. And have been sniffing around for a matching ST-88 and TA-88 set for cheap.

The restorations look great.
    Ahh thank you, I had a Marantz 1060 listed recently which I was always very fond of which sold in a couple of hours to someone in Norway of all places. Those pieces always sell quick! Shameless plug if you havn't seen it yet: Vintage Audio Bliss my restoration blog

I loved that TA-88 +ST-88 combo I had listed, just had nowhere to put it. That went to the USA.

For listening at home I have a Marantz 7 pre + Marantz 8b valve power. Lots of listening goodness
    Last edited by retrosb; 17th February 2014 at 08:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2