Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Apple care of an Australian purchased item valid in Canada?

Hello guys.

I bought an iMac, MBP and MBA within 6 months so they all are still within the 1 year warranty.
    I usually wait till close to the end of it to extend 2 more years.

Turns out Im relocating to Canada in May. Will I be able to purchase full apple care over there
    and get assistance should something go wrong with any of these products? Or, if I buy it
    in Australia before will it still be valid?

Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gymnast79 View Post
    Hello guys.

I bought an iMac, MBP and MBA within 6 months so they all are still within the 1 year warranty.
    I usually wait till close to the end of it to extend 2 more years.

Turns out Im relocating to Canada in May. Will I be able to purchase full apple care over there
    and get assistance should something go wrong with any of these products? Or, if I buy it
    in Australia before will it still be valid?

Thank you guys.
    My understanding is apple care is a global warranty product… I checked this 3 yrs ago… Knowing apple change things, it will be a good idea to call apple care to verify it..

I asked a apple store genius and was told they (apple Australia) treat apple care as global warranty, except certain regions such as apple care bought from china, etc. It's a bit of a mess especially considering all the different pricing across different countries.

One thing though, I'm not sure what's the mandatory warranty period in Canada, but in Australia it's changed to 2years recently, so the 3-year Apple Care seems to be less attractive of an option (I know Apple will treat you much better if you have Apple Care, but still, it aint cheap).

100% International from what I understand.

Phones are a little more complicated because of different bands/models, but Macs are pretty straightforward.