Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Did anyone get a gold iPhone?

I went to three stores this morning (two telstra, one optus) all before opening and they didn't have any gold or silver at all, never received stock. Is this the case everywhere or just my little part of the world?

你好。

I hear that only Apple Stores had the other colours, resellers only got Slate Grey. I've decided to wait myself.
    Boxed: Original 128K, SE, LC, Quadra 700, PM5500 DE, PM6100, G4 Cube, AppleCD 300e, Newtons *** Unboxed: //e, //c, IIGS, 128K, 512K, Beige ED, Platinum ED, Plus, SE FDHD, SE/30, Portable, II, IIx, IIfx, Performa 250, LC575, 2 x TAM, 2 x TechStep

Successful trades : iphonedev, palais, JNRidgway15, macmine, NeoRicen, Erwin, MissionMan, goodbye, decryption, joh, asgr8, davemc, alicia1, tezz27000

Was this common knowledge? The store clerks certainly hadn't been told when I asked them yesterday (so they said at least). But then they always tend to be left in the dark about such things...

Apple were saying from the start they didn't have any Gold 16GB at all and it by about 9am or so it was 64GB only for Gold Phones.
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

Perth city store less than had 20 gold iPhones total. I was approx 35-40 in line and they were long gone by the time they got to handing out tickets to people near me.

Pretty disappointing as after seeing it in person it's a beautiful colour and I would have bought one. Went space grey instead and very happy with it none the less
    James from Perth W.A (Wait Awhile)

Last year I remember apple stores where getting new deliveries of the 5 every day from launch. Has anyone else asked at an apple store if they are expecting more deliveries tomorrow (specifically the gold).

Yeah, does anyone know the status of any iPhone stock at the Apple stores tomorrow? Specifically after a 32gb Silver, but don't want the 180km round-trip to the Chermside Apple Store to find it was a waste of time...

Quote Originally Posted by mallo View Post
    Last year I remember apple stores where getting new deliveries of the 5 every day from launch. Has anyone else asked at an apple store if they are expecting more deliveries tomorrow (specifically the gold).
    no point asking for deliveries details. you will always get the "cant tell you, it could be today, tomorrow or <insert random day of week/>"

or the one that we have heard all too often "just keep checking with us everyday!"
     27" iMac i7 2.8ghz | 27" iMac i5 2.66ghz | iPhone 5s 64gb | iPhone 5 64gb | iPhone 4 32GB x2 | iPhone 3GS 32GB | iPod Classic 80, 120GB | iPod Touch 8, 16, 32GB
    Original Buyer/Seller Feedback Buyer/Seller Feedback #2

No one other than apple stores got the gold or silver
    and even then the apple stores only got 10 of each colour/size combo
    My mate at Apple chadstone said Chaddy was sold out of gold at 8.25am
    and southland sold out by 8.45am

The online store has a shipping date of "october"
    i suspect as apple have launched into china for the first time on a launch day they have directed their stock there to ensure a smooth launch. Also having seen the gold in person, i am glad i switched to the Space Grey (i had white for my 5) the gold really looks quite tacky to be honest.. but thats my opinion
    27' iMac, iPhone 5C 16Gb Blue , iphone 5S, 32Gb Space Grey with genuine Leather Case (Black) , Apple TV, iPad 3rd Gen 16Gb Black
    "When all else is Lost... The Future Still Remains!"

Quote Originally Posted by mallo View Post
    my mate works for apple in melbourne, he works at Chaddy and Southland (regional manager) and he pretty much told me not to expect gold again in their stores until early to mid october. Same deal online.
    27' iMac, iPhone 5C 16Gb Blue , iphone 5S, 32Gb Space Grey with genuine Leather Case (Black) , Apple TV, iPad 3rd Gen 16Gb Black

A friend just picked up a 64GB space grey at Telstra Bourke St earlier today, apparently they have stock for gold? I thought only apple store will have them. I can't go check it out, i'm working from home today!!
    Successful trades : iphonedev, palais, JNRidgway15, macmine, NeoRicen, Erwin, MissionMan, goodbye, decryption, joh, asgr8, davemc, alicia1, tezz27000

Well apple didn't get any gold today (just asked my mate) so Telstra may have pulled that one out of their hats. On their Facebook Telstra is stating its mid October for gold in store or online.

I got one and sold it on eBay for $1850.00 today. Thank you Apple

Quote Originally Posted by melb_mac_guy View Post
    No one other than apple stores got the gold or silver
    Optus had silver.

iMac 27" i7 3.5Ghz 512 SSD| iPhone XS Max Black 64Gb | MacBook Pro 15" 500GB SSD

I managed to get a 5S in Gold the day after launch in Bondi. Happened to be walking past and asked the manager who went out back and said they had two 64GB gold 5S devices. Apparently, people had changed their mind colour wise at the front of the line the day before and they hadn't sold them. I was also talking to a couple other people and the Telstra store in Bondi had 5 gold 5Ss that only sold this morning!

Didn't have any at the Optus store I went to. Ended up getting a 64gb Silver.
    ** iMac 3.4ghz QCi7, 16GB RAM, 4TB SSHD, 500GB SSD, 6970 2GB **
    ** MacBook Pro. C2D 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, 480gb SSD, 8600M GT 128mb **
    ** G5 Dual 2ghz, 4gb RAM, 750gb HD, 6800 Ultra DDL 256mb & XServe RAID 7TB**