Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: Vodafone 4G LTE

Default Vodafone 4G LTE

Vodafone 4G has been switched on today, in a limited roll out to some 30000 customers. All customers will have access to the network by July from what I've read.
    Media Release: Vodafone Switches on 4G | Vodafone Australia blog

There are a few posts on Whirlpool with people seeing 80Mbit down / 40Mbit up: http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/563305380.png

Is anyone on MacTalk part of the lucky 30000, and what performance are you seeing on iPhone 5 and iPad 4th Generation in your area?

Unfortunately whilst I have an iPhone 5 and an "eligible plan" (basically anything from the last 2 years or so) I wasn't one of the lucky 30000.
    2012 Mac Mini 2.6 w/ 1TB Fusion Drive & 16GB RAM, Dell U2713HM Monitor | 15" MBP Unibody 2.66 | iPhone 5s Space Gray 32GB on Vodafone & iPhone 5 Black | iPad Retina (3rd Gen) on Vodafone | AppleTV 3 | Original Airport Express

Someone else has posted a speedtest with 100Mbit download from a Galaxy S4: http://www.speedtest.net/android/470197485.png
    That's pretty amazing.
    2012 Mac Mini 2.6 w/ 1TB Fusion Drive & 16GB RAM, Dell U2713HM Monitor | 15" MBP Unibody 2.66 | iPhone 5s Space Gray 32GB on Vodafone & iPhone 5 Black | iPad Retina (3rd Gen) on Vodafone | AppleTV 3 | Original Airport Express

Funny thing I get 4G at the back of my house, forget the front, difference if few meters LOL

Here are my results;

[IMG][/IMG]

Cheers,
    Marcin

Also I suspect my iPhone 5 antena or any part that has to do with wi if is faulty as my wife's iPhone 4S speeds are ten times better than my

Still no LTE for me. Guess that July date slipped?

I was provisioned for LTE today (well, maybe yesterday based on the announcement, but I only noticed it today). Gee it's fast!!
    It makes the iPhone 5 feel a lot faster as apps load the data they need almost instantly (so you see less 'blank' screens or spinning wheels.