Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

» Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by auckland View Post
    Mac Pro not so much. A white cube would have been more in line with my tastes.
    Most Mac Pro users these days would probably be using colour correct monitors like eizo so I'm guessing the black is more appropriate.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by savas View Post
    Installed the beta about half an hour ago and already restoring back to iOS 6. Perhaps I should've given it time, but the changes are too radical and overwhelming for me. It seems more of a war on skeuomorphism than an attempt at enhancing functionality.

Is it easy to downgrade?
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Gotta admit I'm really loving the beta on my 4S. Seems to be rock solid. It is using a fair whack of battery but since I'm docked most of the time it's no great issue.

It's responsive and smooth, very fast to navigate between apps using multitasking, and Control Centre is a godsend having been a jailbreaker just to get SBSettings and NCSettings up till now. The updated Notification Centre is really useful too - I might actually start using it now instead of it just being a place to get to NCSettings. I also love being able to get to functions and notifications from my lock screen.

Every one of my 3rd party apps that I've thrown at it works just fine with no crashes so far. This is after about 6 hours of solid playing around.

By the way - being able to chuck Newsstand in a folder now, and App Store Wishlists .......... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the UI changes still feel "beta" in their conceptualisation. For example the 3G signal dots are fairly large, which when paired with a long carrier name (TelecomNZ) it takes up far too much of the status bar.

By and large it's great though. I'm loving the new concepts and features.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    Is it easy to downgrade?
    I would also like to know this

Quote Originally Posted by gehenna View Post
    Gotta admit I'm really loving the beta on my 4S. Seems to be rock solid. It is using a fair whack of battery but since I'm docked most of the time it's no great issue.

It's responsive and smooth, very fast to navigate between apps using multitasking, and Control Centre is a godsend having been a jailbreaker just to get SBSettings and NCSettings up till now. The updated Notification Centre is really useful too - I might actually start using it now instead of it just being a place to get to NCSettings. I also love being able to get to functions and notifications from my lock screen.

Every one of my 3rd party apps that I've thrown at it works just fine with no crashes so far. This is after about 6 hours of solid playing around.

By the way - being able to chuck Newsstand in a folder now, and App Store Wishlists .......... FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the UI changes still feel "beta" in their conceptualisation. For example the 3G signal dots are fairly large, which when paired with a long carrier name (TelecomNZ) it takes up far too much of the status bar.

By and large it's great though. I'm loving the new concepts and features.

Wow, promising BETA release. Most positive review so far. Is it possible to get some screenshots? I personally love the look of everything iOS7 from what i have seen from a few screenshots so far. I think its exciting with the new direction.

Are you using it on your Main Device??
     Space Grey 64Gb iPhone 6  Space Grey 64GB Retina Cellular iPad Mini  Apple TV Gen 2  Apple TV Gen 2 
    www.kleggy.com ~ www.trailstat.io

I'd love to put it on my iPhone 4 but it is my main device. I coped last year with iOS 6 beta on my main device however I am interested to know if it will be do able this year on my iPhone 4
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Downgrade instructions seem to involve recovery mode and a manual restore. Not too dissimilar from previous years, IIRC.

Battery life is pretty crap. Not a complaint, merely an observation —*went to bed at 2am with 92%, woke up with less than 20%. If you rely on your main device for staying in touch/business/whatever, don't do it.

Screenshots here: Welcome to iOS 7, the first install gallery | 9to5Mac

Quote Originally Posted by b00 View Post
    Are you using it on your Main Device??
    I am, yep. I'm flexible enough to just wipe it and restore back to 6.1.3 if I need to. My work situation is flexible at the moment too as I'm doing a short term contract rather than permanent work, so because I'm transient in the company I don't need a phone to be 100% working all the time. So it's perfect timing for me to try it out on my main device really.

Hmmm The downgrade instructions scare me….. What if I kill my phone :o

might wait till beta 4 or 5

Pretty hard to do these days, but if you're feeling apprehensive about it, don't do it (duh).

I guessed just as much… It just looks sooooo good!!

Does the new Settings icon turn during updates? That nice little touch of detail always gave me a warm fuzzy. I'm going to miss that if it's gone.
     iMac 21.5" Mid 2010, iPod Shuffle, Macbook Air 11", iPhone 5, iPad Mini LTE

Quote Originally Posted by arlibie View Post
    Does the new Settings icon turn during updates? That nice little touch of detail always gave me a warm fuzzy. I'm going to miss that if it's gone.
    There hasn't been an update to iOS 7, so no-one apart from Apple engineers has any idea. But yeah, old settings icon > new settings icon

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah downgrade was simply putting it in DFU mode, had no problems.

My initial impression as the phone is being restored is "OMG thats awful!" but I've switched to a darker wallpaper and I think thats going to be one thing that (for me at least) will be necessary. Its *hideous* on a light background. REstore is progressing, there are a few apps I'm mostly interested to try to see if they still work... Will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmacs View Post
    might wait till beta 4 or 5
    okay we get it. could you please stop spamming the thread with your up to date emotions on upgrading. It's a beta. It's for developers. If you can't handle you phone being dysfunctional, don't do it. This isn't made for daily use, it's made for beta testing.

does someone want to report on how 3rd party apps are working with this. If apps are using the standard iOS UI widgets, how do they look. Are the old iOS 6 UI assets still there? if you run an old app is it a jarring experience or has apple done some serious OS magik?

also, can someone comment on the dynamic changing of font colour. Does this work as advertised or do you sometimes get serious contrast issues?

Further to the above, so far all my third party apps are working fine. A couple of surprises: I thought that Stanza would crash. It doesnt. Its still broken in the two settings areas which broke with iOS6, but everything else is fine. I thought iBooks might have given up that STUPID pseudo-book look and the wooden bookshelf, but no. its still there. ARGHHHHH.

Question: has anyone worked out how to terminate an app? Used to be doubleclick home button, hold the app and hit the x when the icons would wobble. But now, the home button doubleclick just gives us the multitasking with no icon wobble, and I really dont want all 30+ of those apps sitting there.

@ kyte. To close your multitasking apps just swipe up on the 'app preview' after double tapping the home button.

If I backup the phone. Restore to the new iPhone iOS7. If i dont like it is it possible to revert back to my current settings and not loose anything like contacts messages and photos?

I understand that its possible to go from iOS7>iOS6. But is it possible to do it without loosing anything?

Thanks
     Space Grey 64Gb iPhone 6  Space Grey 64GB Retina Cellular iPad Mini  Apple TV Gen 2  Apple TV Gen 2 
    www.kleggy.com ~ www.trailstat.io

Quote Originally Posted by paronga View Post
    okay we get it. could you please stop spamming the thread with your up to date emotions on upgrading. It's a beta. It's for developers. If you can't handle you phone being dysfunctional, don't do it. This isn't made for daily use, it's made for beta testing.

does someone want to report on how 3rd party apps are working with this. If apps are using the standard iOS UI widgets, how do they look. Are the old iOS 6 UI assets still there? if you run an old app is it a jarring experience or has apple done some serious OS magik?

also, can someone comment on the dynamic changing of font colour. Does this work as advertised or do you sometimes get serious contrast issues?
    Excuse me? Spaming?

I am a developer (In training) and I was attempting to find out how well iOS 7 ran on devices. Having run all the iOS 6 beta releases I know very well what a developer preview means. However as it seems iOS 7 is more buggy than iOS 6 was in development. I know perfectly well what a development preview is.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast