Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

How is that even abuse? This is like apple selling you a new iPhone x number of features and then (for example) telling you that you can only use a certain amount of SIRI and maps per day- After you bought the phone.
    Plus, IIci, IIsi, LC, LCII, LC III, CC, LC475, LC630, Centris650, 6100, 8100, 5260, 7220, 7600. PB: 100, 150, 160, 165, 540, 190, 5300, 1400. Lombard, iMacG3, iBookG3, iBookG4, PBG4, eMac, iMac G4, PMG4, MiniG4, iMacG5

Default Buyer Beware: Kogan Mobile

So this morning data on my iPhone ceased working. Wife's iPhone is fine and the iPad also has a data connection. APN is correct. Was working when I put iPhone down just around midnight. iPhone still says Telstra 3G so it's detecting something. I can still make and receive calls though. I'm on an Access365.

EDIT: After being on hold for 30 minutes I got through to someone who said that there "should be data associated with my plan" and that "as far as they could see I it should be working". I have to wait for today to see if it eventually comes through, if not I will have to call back tomorrow.
    Looks like the downward spiral has started. Shame as the first 2 months were smooth sailing.
    Last edited by leon; 27th March 2013 at 09:16 AM.
    Something about Jimby.

Still no data today. Checked whirlpool and a few others there with same problem. It seems that this is an indication that Kogan are in the process of booting you. Will call again this morning and see how I go.
    Something about Jimby.

Kogan are doing a poll on their Facebook page about it at he moment saying they caused the biggest switch over in history. Not sure where they got that impression. I woke have thought the biggest switch was either people moving to 3 when tey finally offered iPhones or when Vodafone lost all theirs.
    Successful trade with: Clockwork.....(and what a trade!)

Just updating. Still no data today. All online support requests go unanswered. I call their support line and get disconnected all the time. I've used their callback feature numerous times and 2 times I never received a call. 2 times I received a call, answered it them they disconnected me after 5-7 minutes.

After Easter will be going to TIO. As I haven't been given a reason for why my data has been cut off I can't really complain to ACCC yet.
    Something about Jimby.

It's not receipting any iMessage texts sent to you either, so assume that's stuffed too.

Quote Originally Posted by leon View Post

After Easter will be going to TIO. As I haven't been given a reason for why my data has been cut off I can't really complain to ACCC yet.
    How is it an ACCC issue?
     iMac 2011 21.5" 2.5ghz i5  Macbook 13.3" late 2009  iPhone 5 32gb (Telstra)  iPad 2 16gb 3G+Wifi (Telstra)  iPod 80gb 5G  Apple Tv 2  Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by andyrb View Post
    How is it an ACCC issue?
    False advertising and misleading claims.
    I've also purchased a product and it's not performing the task it was advertised to do.
    Company is refusing to fix said problem.

Will try TIO first?, then lodge misleading advertising claim with ACCC.

Just got off the phone to Kogan and they've said that the lack of data pack on my account isn't their problem but their suppliers. I asked how they would rectify it and they said they can't. I asked what timeframe I am looking at to get this resolved and was told there isn't one as it isn't Kogans problem. I asked for the suppliers contact details and was told they are not available.
    I asked whether I would be compensated as I paid for 12 months service and was no longer getting it. Was told that they are unsure but probably not.

I asked if my account was flagged for any reason and was told no.

So I have paid $299 for a years worth of unlimited calls/SMS and 6GB data per month but am no longer getting data. Absolute bullshit. If I port away I lose my $299. Will just persist and keep hounding until I get a resolution.

I even received an email from them the other day stating the new T/C's ie. data limits won't apply to me as they only take affect once a new term begins (ie. next year).

All I can do now is stop giving this rogue money. iPad plan cancelled and will look at Aldi. Was purchasing a cheap Kogan Tv for the bedroom, also cancelled.
    Last edited by leon; 30th March 2013 at 11:25 AM.
    Something about Jimby.

Was purchasing a cheap Kogan Tv for the bedroom, also cancelled.
    We bought a Kogan TV. It exploded on Christmas Eve after 6 months use. Never again.

All I can do now is stop giving this rogue money. iPad plan cancelled and will look at Aldi. ...
    Not sure Aldi will be much better. Check WP for experiences with that, too. For now, I'm sticking with Telstra.

Now we have the "Blame Shift Game"

Mobile companies head to court over account suspensions

False advertising and misleading claims.
    I've also purchased a product and it's not performing the task it was advertised to do.
    Company is refusing to fix said problem.

Will try TIO first?, then lodge misleading advertising claim with ACCC.

Just got off the phone to Kogan and they've said that the lack of data pack on my account isn't their problem but their suppliers. I asked how they would rectify it and they said they can't. I asked what timeframe I am looking at to get this resolved and was told there isn't one as it isn't Kogans problem. I asked for the suppliers contact details and was told they are not available.
    I asked whether I would be compensated as I paid for 12 months service and was no longer getting it. Was told that they are unsure but probably not.

I asked if my account was flagged for any reason and was told no.

So I have paid $299 for a years worth of unlimited calls/SMS and 6GB data per month but am no longer getting data. Absolute bullshit. If I port away I lose my $299. Will just persist and keep hounding until I get a resolution.

I even received an email from them the other day stating the new T/C's ie. data limits won't apply to me as they only take affect once a new term begins (ie. next year).

All I can do now is stop giving this rogue money. iPad plan cancelled and will look at Aldi. Was purchasing a cheap Kogan Tv for the bedroom, also cancelled.
    So what happened in the end?

Contacted TIO and after 1 week data came back.

No problems since then.

Kogan/ISPOne say that I still have to abide by the new terms and conditions as they were uploaded just before the bulk email went out.

Seems like ISPOne is the root of all the problems as evidenced by the court hearing.

I've modified my usage so as to not break the new terms.

Never spoke to anyone at ACCC.
    Something about Jimby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2