Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Hi my name is Lisa (I'm talking advertising courses)
    I really like i-Pod advertisements.
    Their ads are really really cool...

However, I would like to hear ur opinions about that...
    What the reason you bought i-Pod? (was that because their ads had attacted your attention, or maybe because your friends had it so you want it too, or...??)
    And what do u think about their ads?

Waiting to hear from you soon, thanks folks...

Lisa

I bought an iPod because in my opinion, it's the best device for the application. It's as simple as that

I don't own an ipod, however my wife owns a ipod mini. And she wanted one basically because it was more practical to her then other music devices. Her choice between the ipod and ipod mini was more to the fact the mini is smaller (fits in her handbag) and 4gb of storage was more then enough.

hey li5a - welcome to the forums.
    Apple posted a new iPod ad just yesterday if you're interested: http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/sterio_rock/480.html
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

The ads are simple "young" and fun. Totally in line with the actual ipod. I got my ipod because it was the best out there and its a designer item. The iRiver (can't remember its name) was cheaper but I just knew I wouldn't be happy with it. None of my friends had ipods but I know now that they would all go ipod over anything else (except one who is the biggest apple hater, but secretly he would want one).

There ads are funny when you realise how little of the space is for the actual product name or what its for / does. Just a colourful poster with a person having fun with a white rectangle with a cord. I guess its a true "brand" like the nike tick.

I was interested in iPods since I heard about them. But unsure if I wanted one. The iRiver techincally is a much better machine. And I'd had a play with that one already.

A mate of mine got an iPod and after playing with the actual unit I was impressed. That's why I got one over the iRiver. The iPod was just easier to use.

The adds had nothing to do with it. They're pretty cool adds though, however I am not sure I would buy an iPod purely because of the adds. Their adds don't really make you jump up and go, damn I need one of thsoe.
    garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Originally posted by Disko@Aug 31 2004, 02:13 PM
    hey li5a - welcome to the forums.
    Apple posted a new iPod ad just yesterday if you're interested: http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/sterio_rock/480.html
    a little off topic, how do i come about saving the vid clip!? :huh:

ITS JUST SOO COOL!~ B)
    Rockin' with - 11" 1.4Ghz 2Gb Ram 64Gb SSD MacBook Air | 17" 2.53Ghz i5 8Gb Ram 200Gb SSD MacBook Pro | 27" 2.66Ghz i5 iMac | AirPort Express | 16GB Black iPhone 5 | 16GB White iPad Mini

you need quicktime pro to do that. :/

there is probably another way - but i don't know it.
    Read my drivel, be dazzled by my Twitter

Are you some kind of devil trying to keep me from using my time usefully? - Currawong
    "You're an enigma wrapped in a ferreo roche" - fulltimecasual

Thanks for your answers...
    N thanks for showing me the link to the new i-pod ads, that's really cool...

What's an i-Pod?

Save it by dragging this: http://images.apple.com/movies/us/apple/ip..._082004_480.mov to the Downloads window of Safari.

It'd like to contribute to why I bought my iPod, especially considering I only just bought it...but I don't know why. It's apple's mind control :P Seriously though, I don't know why I bought it and it wasn't a result of the advertising. I think I just like complex things wrapped in simplicity. It fascinates me.

it like the iPod ads

makes me want one and so its done its job. and its cool. just like apple.
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam

Haven't ever liked the iPod ads. Colourful backgrounds and a bunch of stupid people with terrible spasms or something.

Love iPod
    Hate ad
    troll
    n. A supernatural creature of Scandinavian folklore, variously portrayed as a friendly or mischievous dwarf or as a giant, that lives in caves, in the hills, or under bridges.

Originally posted by OziMac@Sep 1 2004, 05:59 PM
    What's an i-Pod?
    iPod

Good. Fast. Cheap. Pick two...

I don't care for advertising of anything in particular, but I appreciate the intentional simplicity of Apple's advertising compared to what everyone else does.

The blacked out person asks the viewer to fill in the image within the mood (colour) with themselves.
    The discussion has continued at AppleTalk Australia.

Originally posted by Disko@Aug 31 2004, 04:13 PM
    Nice to hear a New Zealand band in a worldwide iPod ad. I noticed it in a promo Steve showed at WWDC as well.

Originally posted by Bahamut+Sep 5 2004, 01:06 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bahamut @ Sep 5 2004, 01:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Disko@Aug 31 2004, 04:13 PM
    Apple posted a new iPod ad just yesterday if you&#39;re interested: http://www.apple.com/ipod/ads/sterio_rock/480.html
    Nice to hear a New Zealand band in a worldwide iPod ad. I noticed it in a promo Steve showed at WWDC as well. [/b][/quote]
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/video

i loved that promo
    Successful Trades Byde, benny gsr, BiRDBRAiN, neilrobinson, scruffie, kewpid, MacUser, Daz, BrettO, Cam