Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Has anyone else had problems with recharging I recharged on the data30 on the 11 Feb and they charged my credit card that day however it has still not gone through I contacted their support page and even tried ringing them but keep getting fobbed off that its not their fault they are waiting on the wholesaler to activate ?? Its been nearly 3 weeks
    27" iMac | iPad Air 2 128GB | ATV | iPhone5S 64GB | AirPort Extreme | iPod Classic | Apple Watch ;-)

I've been with them two weeks and already have a TIO complaint open. Vodafone users can't call me or text me. Why? Who knows.

They referred it to their network provider (ie Telstra) three days ago and still no action.

iMessage never worked for me on Kogan either and they decry all responsibility ("it's just an app on your handset, we don't support that" - so how come you sold me a nanoSIM that only works in an iPhone 5 then?)

ALDImobile is next is kick off. Fun times.
     iMac revA 233mhz. iBook (clamshell). iPod Photo. MacBookPro. Mac mini. iPad. iPhone 4S 
    "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy" - SPJ

Quote Originally Posted by baobab68 View Post

iMessage never worked for me on Kogan either and they decry all responsibility ("it's just an app on your handset, we don't support that" - so how come you sold me a nanoSIM that only works in an iPhone 5 then?)
    Full disclosure - it all started working this morning... two weeks in but happy that it seems to be sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mullo View Post
    Has anyone else had problems with recharging I recharged on the data30 on the 11 Feb and they charged my credit card that day however it has still not gone through I contacted their support page and even tried ringing them but keep getting fobbed off that its not their fault they are waiting on the wholesaler to activate ?? Its been nearly 3 weeks
    After threatening them with a TIO complaint Magically it went through on Sat 2nd March 19 days later !!
    27" iMac | iPad Air 2 128GB | ATV | iPhone5S 64GB | AirPort Extreme | iPod Classic | Apple Watch ;-)

Oh dear. I just ordered a SIM card this morning... was only going to do data, but none of this sounds very promising...

Have 3 Kogan SIMs at home and haven't had a problem with any. The iPad just automatically renewed on a DATA30 plan without a hitch. There appear to be 10's of thousands of people who aren't having an issue. Of course people with problems will be the most vocal and make forum posts, but those who aren't having problems don't really have a need to post. I would say go for it. It's only $5 for the SIM so you aren't really going to lose a lot of money if your not happy.
    Something about Jimby.

Default Kogan mobile plans

I had begun to consider switching from Telstra and only using mobile for calls, but I've only just realised that international SMS is not included which is a bit of a pain for me, I don't want the whole extras pack, just international SMS. So data only it is, in the wifi gadget, and stick with Telstra longlife/simplicity and VoIP for calls.

Kogan into the mobile phones? gee, i dont know about that. Sounds like any company can start reselling phone plans these days. Which networks do they use, and do they have full access to the network, or does Telstra or Optus, limit the coverage for these cheaper plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrider View Post
    Kogan into the mobile phones? gee, i dont know about that. Sounds like any company can start reselling phone plans these days. Which networks do they use, and do they have full access to the network, or does Telstra or Optus, limit the coverage for these cheaper plans?
    Telstra's NeXt G Network i.e 3G no 4G LTE

Telstra has today notified Kogan Mobile that it will be terminating the supply of 3G Prepaid Mobile services to its wholesale reseller ispONE within 24 hours
    time to find a port
     iMac revA 233mhz. iBook (clamshell). iPod Photo. MacBookPro. Mac mini. iPad. iPhone 4S 
    "It's better to be a pirate than to join the Navy" - SPJ

ISPOne should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by gikku View Post
    time to find a port
    Take a look at Boost, they are now reselling Telstra but arent dealing with a middleman.

I've ordered a boost SIM. $11 per month more and 1/2 the data. No other choice really.
    Aldi is still running but it says they have an interim deal. Not sure if that means in 1 month the plans will change or if they will stay the same. Not willing to take the risk. I was enjoying my 6GB per month.
    Something about Jimby.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2