Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Buying MBA from eglobal - is it the same?

Ok so I need to replace my MBA, and found this. It works out to be $1208 aud shipped, and having also bought a camera from them last year I figure I will give them another go (took 2 days to get from hong kong to brissy) Obviously their selling a chinese model, and they do say they provide an aus duckhead for the power adaptor, but is everything else the same as you would get locally, apart from osx probably wanting to start in mandarin or something?

Biallystock Guest

If it is ex Hong Kong it may default to Cantonese, but I doubt it. OSX is OSX, simply choose your language and settings on set-up.

I would wonder whether an item of that price is going to get through customs without attracting administrative charges and GST.

What I was more concerned about is the keyboard. Will it be an english type one or whatever they use over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Biallystock View Post
    I would wonder whether an item of that price is going to get through customs without attracting administrative charges and GST.
    They dodgy up the receipt to be under a grand to avoid that.

Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    Sounds legit

Quote Originally Posted by rav3n View Post
    And of course, if it's caught, you'll get whacked GST and customs fees and courier's fees. These can run to several hundred dollars.
    13" MacBook Pro retina: i5 2.5GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD; Mac mini: i5 2.3GHz 8GB RAM Fused 240GB SSD and 500GB HDD; iMac: G4 17" 1.25GHz 2GB RAM 160GB HDD; iPhone 5 64GB; iPad mini 64GB LTE; Apple TV 3

Well I had a read through most of the thread on whingepool and nobodys been hit with it, and my last experience with them was good so i'll chance it to hopefully save some dollars.