Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

you can't pick it up at store. Last time when I pre-ordered New iPad it came exactly on the launch day (around 10am) to my office at Perth CBD (..where I can see crazy line up at Apple store from my desk)

Whats the dealio with Kogan. Legit???
     Space Grey 64Gb iPhone 6  Space Grey 64GB Retina Cellular iPad Mini  Apple TV Gen 2  Apple TV Gen 2 
    www.kleggy.com ~ www.trailstat.io

I want to do a 24m contract with Telstra. Can I pre-order on the Apple site or is this only if you choose to buy outright?

Quote Originally Posted by tmanto02 View Post
    I want to do a 24m contract with Telstra. Can I pre-order on the Apple site or is this only if you choose to buy outright?
    Only outright.

So what's the deal with pre-orders? Does anyone know?

Just wondering if it's going to be 12:01am, 6am, 7am on the 14th? Haven't seen anything conclusive at all!

Quote Originally Posted by b00 View Post
    Whats the dealio with Kogan. Legit???
    There'd have to be a catch.

EDIT: Catch is the phone is in hong kong and appears to be their version rather then an aus version.

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmammal View Post
    So what's the deal with pre-orders? Does anyone know?

Just wondering if it's going to be 12:01am, 6am, 7am on the 14th? Haven't seen anything conclusive at all!
    im also very interested in this, i hope its sooner rather than later!
    Does someone want to give me a Mac Pro or 24" ACD?

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

I have just done the sums, I think I am better off waiting to buy one through Telstra on one of their iphone plans. As far as I can work out, it is a couple of hundred dollar subsidy over 24 months compared with BYO, plus as I bundle everything through telstra, an extra $10 a month discount. I can wait until I can get one.
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

If I preorder, is it possible to get my local post office/courier centre to hold it so I can pick it up at my leisure? I remember doing that for the iPad 1, but I haven't ordered anything on release since then so I don't know if this still happens?
     iMac 21.5" Mid 2010, iPod Shuffle, Macbook Air 11", iPhone 5, iPad Mini LTE

Quote Originally Posted by arlibie View Post
    If I preorder, is it possible to get my local post office/courier centre to hold it so I can pick it up at my leisure? I remember doing that for the iPad 1, but I haven't ordered anything on release since then so I don't know if this still happens?
    I'm also curious about this, who is apples courier company? I remember in NZ it was TNT

If it was auspost I would choose my home address because I can leave work early, check if I get carded and go to the post office Fri night, or wait Saturday morning, ie I would have a good chance of having it for the weekend.

Otherwise I guess just use work, and if I'm lucky it will be Friday, if not Mon/Tue...
    Apple Macbook 13" 2.4GHz core 2 duo.
    Apple 16Gb iPhone 3GS
    Apple iPad2 32Gb Wifi+3G Black

Hey guys. I preorder my iPhone 4S 64 for cash. Bought it and I got it 5 days after the launch :-/...
    I wonder of I preorder it will i get it before launch?
    And I'm not sure which Color to get

Kogans is offering $100 off every iphone 5 on there website. i was going to order one until i realised that white isn't available
    Phones - Apple

I'm going to stay up a bit past midnight tonight to see if the pre-orders will start at midnight. I hope to hell they do... I have no idea when they would otherwise start and I don't want to miss out!

Quote Originally Posted by thatfilthyspringbok View Post
    I still think 64gig is madness! I went 16gig with the 4 and I'm probably gonna stick with 16gig for the 5. The 4s only half full
    Really? I have a 64GB 4S and I'm constantly deleting files to make more room for my photos and video content. I attend numerous fashion shows and I routinely take photos of the models and designs I like and then a video at the end of every show. I'm a bit disappointed Apple haven't upped the storage for the iPhone 5. But I guess they're keeping it to a 2 year cycle again.
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Quote Originally Posted by aero_nz View Post
    I'm also curious about this, who is apples courier company? I remember in NZ it was TNT

If it was auspost I would choose my home address because I can leave work early, check if I get carded and go to the post office Fri night, or wait Saturday morning, ie I would have a good chance of having it for the weekend.

Otherwise I guess just use work, and if I'm lucky it will be Friday, if not Mon/Tue...

Oh God. I remember this debacle in Australia. Those like myself who pre-ordered had their deliveries delayed. Apple line told us it could be a week as TNT was only shipping out of Asia a day before release day. So that means none of us would be getting the 4S on the Friday of the launch. A few of us complained and had Apple issue us iTunes vouchers to make up for the delay in shipping. But TNT got their act together and iPhones were arriving on the SATURDAY to HOME addresses. I used my work, so I got mine on the Monday after the launch.

And yes, as I rightly remembered, it was 6PM pre-orders became active on the date Apple specified.
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

While I'd love it to be midnight, as mentioned I can't imagine we'll be starting pre-orders before the US, so the 5/6pm estimates are probably about right. Awkward timing.

I'm going to pre-order again. It worked perfectly with the "new" iPad earlier this year (had it 10am on the day of release). Benefits of working in Sydney CBD I guess.

Cheers,
    - Febs.
    "Woz, we need blue boxes not computers." (Steve Jobs).

Not midnight.
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by Reubania View Post
    . I'm a bit disappointed Apple haven't upped the storage for the iPhone 5. But I guess they're keeping it to a 2 year cycle again.
    +1
    I'm waiting for the 5S model... ("S" for storage, not just speed)

Hi, I'm new to Apple launches. I'm also new to Australia. I live 3 hours from Perth (only Apple Store in WA). What are the chances of me turning up to the Apple Store around 6pm in the evening and picking up an iPhone 5 there and then? I wouldn't want to drive 3 ours into the city, stand in line for hours only to find out they've sold out and then drive all the way back. So I have a few questions.

1. Are the queues just for people who desperately want it ASAP?
    2. Do Apple Stores actually run out of new iPhones on launch day thus being strictly first come first serve?
    3. Would there still be iPhone 5's in stock and no queues on the Saturday (22nd)??
    4. Can you buy unlocked iPhone 5's from a Telstra, Vodafone or Optus outlet?

The reason I don't pre-order is because I only have a PO Box address and Apple won't accept that for deliveries.

Any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by SceneDon View Post
    Hi, I'm new to Apple launches. I'm also new to Australia. I live 3 hours from Perth (only Apple Store in WA). What are the chances of me turning up to the Apple Store around 6pm in the evening and picking up an iPhone 5 there and then? I wouldn't want to drive 3 ours into the city, stand in line for hours only to find out they've sold out and then drive all the way back. So I have a few questions.

1. Are the queues just for people who desperately want it ASAP?
    2. Do Apple Stores actually run out of new iPhones on launch day thus being strictly first come first serve?
    3. Would there still be iPhone 5's in stock and no queues on the Saturday (22nd)??
    4. Can you buy unlocked iPhone 5's from a Telstra, Vodafone or Optus outlet?

The reason I don't pre-order is because I only have a PO Box address and Apple won't accept that for deliveries.

Any help is appreciated.
    Going by prior iPhone launches, there will be no stock by late afternoon, anywhere in the country, at any store.

However, with the new iPad, Apple did a really awesome job of making sure there was plenty of stock and we didn't see stock shortages. So maybe this iPhone launch will be different, I don't know.

Again, going by past iPhone launches, the telcos do not sell the iPhones unlocked. Things may be different this time, but I doubt it.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast