Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Gauging Interest - US iTunes Credit

Hey guys,

I've been thinking about setting up a pipeline of US iTunes credit, as I find it increasingly difficult to buy US gift cards from someone I can trust.

Would anyone be interested in buying US$100 cards for AU$106 ea? You can pay via direct deposit and receive a photo of the scratched card, as soon as you send a screenshot/PDF of the bank transfer receipt.

If there's a couple of people interested, I can get some cards in from the US and start selling once they arrive in a few days
    (obviously, don't pay now, just once I have the cards)

Expressing interest

Cheers recd - if theres a few more people, I'll send a few grand to my US mate and in around a week I'll have the cards.

interested in one thanks

Have you seen PriceUSA?

Quote Originally Posted by teej View Post
    Have you seen PriceUSA?
    Yup - they're US$110ea and want your address and phone number for some reason.. Looks a bit convoluted, as PriceUSA ship all sorts of things too, so yeah. I just want to do it easily here on MacTalk via PM.
    Last edited by decryption; 5th August 2012 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Yup - they're US$110ea and want your address and phone number for some reason..
    Asking for contact details isn't an unreasonable thing for a company that primarily deals in forwarding of physical goods to do.

Well looks like Buy US iTunes Gift Cards - Online Card Code Delivery does a pretty good job selling the cards easily. So I'm not going to bother. Buy em from this dude: Buy US iTunes Gift Cards - Online Card Code Delivery !

Quote Originally Posted by decryption View Post
    Well looks like Buy US iTunes Gift Cards - Online Card Code Delivery does a pretty good job selling the cards easily. So I'm not going to bother. Buy em from this dude: Buy US iTunes Gift Cards - Online Card Code Delivery !
    Nice one, Anthony. I used to get them from a US guy on facebook but havent for years... this looks good

I use PC Game Supply. They are fast and you can get all sorts of cards from their site :-)
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Out of curiosity, what're you using the US credit for?? I haven't bothered much with it since we got movies and tv shows here.

US iTunes store products are slightly cheaper, and I think the TV shows and movies get released earlier.

I have a contact that charges me just $1 on top of the US iTunes cost, if anyone is interested. I think she makes her money by getting them on discount in the US - have spent a lot with her and never had a problem. I've been burned on eBay before.
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

Quote Originally Posted by thatfilthyspringbok View Post
    Out of curiosity, what're you using the US credit for?? I haven't bothered much with it since we got movies and tv shows here.
    I use it to rent movies on the Apple TV - there's so many titles not on the Australian store, or get releases months ahead of Australia

Ah k, fair enough. I still thinks that's weird...especially when something like The Avengers is out here a month ahead of the US. Doesn't make sense.

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

swings and roundabouts, Filth. Have your apple tv on us itunes, mac on OZ iTunes. Best of both worlds.
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

Hmmm...hadn't thought about splitting it that way. About the only thing I'd probably use the US account for now is Netflix I think...but that payment doesn't go through the iTunes account yet does it?

Just came across this post. My mate in SA runs USiTunes.COM, Buy US iTunes Gift Cards in Australia with Instant Delivery by Email, he's bit more pricey but its instant once you get verified with his site. Payment I think is by paypal and he's always got plenty of stock. No waiting around for delivery like I used to do with itunesdirect and a few others.