Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default Random Photography Thread V5.0

Previous Random Threads.

http://www.mactalk.com.au/20/79113-r...ersion-iv.html
    http://www.mactalk.com.au/20/53440-r...ead-v-3-a.html
    http://www.mactalk.com.au/20/39847-r...ead-v-2-a.html
    http://www.mactalk.com.au/20/11530-r...hy-thread.html

Big round of applause for vivid2 being the 1000th post in the old http://www.mactalk.com.au/20/79113-r...ml#post1151751.

1000 posts from 1/1/2010 to 11/6/2012. That is pretty fantastic. Not to mention over 50,000 views. Wow. I always love it when I receive emails telling me that there has been a new post in the thread.

I thought I would make a clean break from IV and start thread V5.0.

Pictures of fog. Did anybody else in Melbourne stay up all night taking pictures in the fog until it kind of went away at around 1:30am? Or was that just in Altona?

Anyhow, here are a few from me.

The self portraits were triggered with the pocket wizards. I was lucky that the cable I had for the 50D exactly fit the 1D3 so it could be triggered via PWs. You can actually see the flex TT5 in the last photo. By this stage my hands were absolutely freezing and I could not get it in my pocket whilst holding the PW.

I learnt that the mirror flipping up at the start of a long exposure can cause quite a lot of camera shake when on a wooden pier in the dead of night. Even with the mirror flip-up setting on and 2s timer, there was still some shaking going on. I do not mind though.

Here's another email for you Scotty,

From a house atop the hill behind us. We are just a little low to get these views.

Amazing what LR4 will bring out. The foreground was black. I could have pulled more out but left it so it was still dawn like.

Maybe a little heavy handed on the pp.

Hey mods, Can we get to see bigger than 800 long please? I dont mind these smaller ones as place holders, but most of these images(excluding mine) look fantastic larger. Can we have an option to see 1024?
    Last edited by swoffa; 15th June 2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: more blah blah

Drifting dry's down current lanes.

Looks amazing Swoffa!!!!
    Trades with, Huy, PatrickH, tkilik11, chris, Taezar, bennyling, Simo, stewiesno1, MissionMan, cgollner, napes, mechcon, lama323, snagage, ClockWork, Beau, Rasta, Freeze, Petecario, Simmo, Tokevmur, Beaner, thebookfreak58, Boddiz, neg2led, Foxy

Quote Originally Posted by swoffa View Post
    Maybe a little heavy handed on the pp.

Hey mods, Can we get to see bigger than 800 long please? I dont mind these smaller ones as place holders, but most of these images(excluding mine) look fantastic larger. Can we have an option to see 1024?
    I'd like 1024 too. Just right. And yours was really good, not too heavy handed at all. Its difficult to decide how much to bring out. Depends on what you want the subject to be, I guess. If it was the sunset, then yeah, perhaps, but if it was the whole scene... good work

This was yesterday afternoon in Melbourne. Hard to believe looking out the window today.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Amazing what LR4 will bring out. The foreground was black. I could have pulled more out but left it so it was still dawn like.
    Great shot. This would have been an amazing candidate for HDR.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Moon:

Moon by AMS:Photos, on Flickr

Captured it at 10:51PM tonight with my Sony Alpha DSLR-A390 DSLR.

Lens: Sony DT 55-200mm F4-5.6
    Flash: Metz Mecablitz 24 AF-1 Digital
    Mac mini and iPad: Mac mini (Mid 2011) Core i5 2.3 GHz 2GB RAM, Thunderbolt Display, Mac OS X 10.7, iPad 32GB (Wi-Fi), Apple TV (160GB)

Hey aafuss, that must be one hell of a flash unit.

One from the garden.

The problem with the 1024 of course, is that now, it gets cut off. Can't the forum layout be made flexible to accommodate for this?

Apparently not kyte. They say it's earmarked for a future redesign though. With a bit of luck that won't be too far away.

Swan Hill golf course early morning.

Anybody else see this today? That is, the Crescent Moon, Jupiter and Venus all in a line.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

Swan Hill golf course early morning.
    Very nicely lit. It is nice and light and happy. And well framed. Do you play around with lens profiles? Custom white balance? Can't remember if you use aperture of lightroom? What settings, if any, did you use?

Meh 626 - Meh626.com
     MacBook Pro i7 2010  iMac 21.5" 2011  iMac G4 17"  iPad 3 64GB  iPhone 4 32GB  AirPort Express' - Successful Trades.

Quote Originally Posted by scottgrot View Post
    Anybody else see this today? That is, the Crescent Moon, Jupiter and Venus all in a line.

That's pretty cool. We've been lighting the fire quite often lately so once I get in front of that there's not much chance of me wandering outside at the moment.

Very nicely lit. It is nice and light and happy. And well framed. Do you play around with lens profiles? Custom white balance? Can't remember if you use aperture of lightroom? What settings, if any, did you use?
    Thanks. Got lucky with that one. Basically nothing done except the canon landscape profile in LR4 and a smudge of sharpening. The mornings were lit with amazing colours.

Here's another from the next morning I think. The sun still hadn't hit the ground when I took this. I really wanted to get them all flying off, but we had to keep moving as the next groups were on our tails.

Nice one Steve.

Couple of snaps from a trip to the Zoo. Unedited at this stage. They could do with some cropping at least.

Links to the originals
    Mjankor: Galleries: Digital Photography Review
    Grrrr, Arrrrghhh!!!
    http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/8259491826/photos
    My Photo Gallery

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Photo of my daughter from the park this evening. Love the high ISO capability of the D700. This is ISO6400

http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

Quote Originally Posted by Meh 626 View Post
    Nice.

Twas a mad scramble as I was getting ready for work. Looked out the window and noticed the sunrise, but by the time I got up the hill the best colours had been dissolved by father time.

c&c always welcomed

I just put up a bunch of pictures here from a trip I did some years ago.

They're freshly processed - I wanted to get my teeth into Lr4 - and I exported them to a SimpleViewer gallery using its new Web module.

I posted a link to a local photography site and one of the guys there is saying they look soft & lacking contrast, which they certainly don't do here.

Can some of you guys check 'em out for me please & tell me if they look like crap or not?

Page 1 of 35 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast