Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I get good rates in South Yarra. I'm a bit elevated on the fourth floor but I've always been able to use data much faster than I should!

Their 4G network still seems fine, but I've found that their 3G network in Melbourne (CBD especially) can be rather poor.

I'm sticking with Telstra for my iPhone, but I might be putting a different SIM in my third-gen iPad once its contract is up.
    MBP 15" late-2008 2.53GHz/8GB RAM/128GB SSD | iPhone 5 64GB white | iPad (3rd gen) 64GB | A few other bits and bobs

My personal experience is that recently Telstras 3G network seems little better than Optus/Virgin and their much touted 4G network is slowing down to speeds often no faster than I used to get on Telstras 3G network. And more importantly in high density areas the data performance is often unusable.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

im near Brisbane and my telstra service has always been really great. I always recommend telstra.

I bought a Telstra SIM for my iPad and I got next to no service in my house as opposed to Vodafone on my iPhone which was fine. I tried contacting Telstra via their customer survey for new customers, Twitter and over the phone, all of which were dead ends who said there was nothing wrong and it was my device. Went and got a Voda SIM for the iPad and haven't had and issues. And with their 4G network rolling out everywhere in Sydney I need it I'm happy with Voda. Won't be going back to Telstra any time soon.
    MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display | AppleTV 2nd Gen | iPhone 6+ | iPad Mini 4G & WiFi | iPod Classic 160GB
    Twitter: @troybarter | "Men lie, women lie; Numbers don't." - Jay-Z

Default Is Telstra's mobile service declining?

I ended up trialling the others in my iPad. For where I use it, Vodafone's service is actually pretty decent, so I've cancelled my Telstra postpaid SIM and will put a Vodafone SIM in it. They're all awful at the City Loop stations though.

I'm staying with Telstra for the iPhone though
    MBP 15" late-2008 2.53GHz/8GB RAM/128GB SSD | iPhone 5 64GB white | iPad (3rd gen) 64GB | A few other bits and bobs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2