Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anyone up for designing me a photography portfolio site? My current one (see sig), is very spartan to say the least :P

I have webspace for you to host it on too. So you can use that if you haven't got any to play with.

Here's a zip file of the images: http://members.iinet.net.au/~decryption/port.zip

I want it pretty minimalistic, clean and trendy. Also, a row of thumbnails of the images, so they can be clicked on would be good. Then when they're clicked, above there's a caption and the larger size image. That's about it really. It doesn't have to be a dynamic site, the photos won't change often.

I don't know how much somethnig like this would go for, I'm guessing there's got to be someone here looking to make a portfolio themselves for website, so yeah. I can probably arrange something cool. Slab of Coopers Pale (offical beer of AppleTalk), or even a copy of my 220GB collection of MP3s, whatever floats your boat.

You can hit me up on MSN: decryption256@hotmail.com for any questions

you can make yourself one with Rapidweaver, very easy to use

RapidWeaver
    righto then

Ill have ago as talked about in MSN
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Originally posted by xfodder@Dec 3 2005, 01:02 AM
    you can make yourself one with Rapidweaver, very easy to use

RapidWeaver
    While that app does look pretty sweet, I'm sure something more original can be done than what I can come up with :P

d00d, you have some pretty awesome looking photos.

I reckon something uber basic which uses a menu layer floating over your photos which could form the background would look awesome!

Originally posted by BiRDBRAiN@Dec 3 2005, 08:32 AM
    d00d, you have some pretty awesome looking photos.

I reckon something uber basic which uses a menu layer floating over your photos which could form the background would look awesome!
    Yeah, that does sound good

Does your web hosting space have PHP?

Originally posted by BiRDBRAiN@Dec 4 2005, 10:35 AM
    Does your web hosting space have PHP?
    Sure does
    SQL, Ruby on Rails, WebDAV, you name it, it's got it.

I have a combo php/flash design idea, something I've been playing around with for some other software I'm upgrading.

I'll get back to you once I've got it working

A quick and dirty gallery using frames and flash files to resample image sizes.

I think the images speak for themselves.

You can easily add a description field.

Currently the image filename and brief description is read from a file which sets array values, could easily create a hack to read it from a database, but, hey its Sunday

DEMO - In the flesh!

Download Site Files

RAW Flash Docs

I could have used strings as the array keys but I thought that passing values between frames and other things it would be easier to refer to rows by a number.

The difference between the two FLA files is one reads a filename and an ID to output the thumbnail and to generate the link to view the full file, and the other FLA file reads the image filename and description.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the only file that needs to be touched, apart from uploading the image files to the same directory is images.php where the hardcoded arrays are kept. When i have the energy or the correct caffeine levels, I'll have a go at adding a database driven interface.

Too long i think too load Needs Thumb Images in small

Originally posted by BiRDBRAiN@Dec 4 2005, 12:23 PM
    A quick and dirty gallery using frames and flash files to resample image sizes.

I think the images speak for themselves.

You can easily add a description field.

Currently the image filename and brief description is read from a file which sets array values, could easily create a hack to read it from a database, but, hey its Sunday

DEMO - In the flesh!

Download Site Files

RAW Flash Docs

I could have used strings as the array keys but I thought that passing values between frames and other things it would be easier to refer to rows by a number.

The difference between the two FLA files is one reads a filename and an ID to output the thumbnail and to generate the link to view the full file, and the other FLA file reads the image filename and description.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the only file that needs to be touched, apart from uploading the image files to the same directory is images.php where the hardcoded arrays are kept. When i have the energy or the correct caffeine levels, I'll have a go at adding a database driven interface.
    There's no need for a database, I can just edit the code if I upload a new picture (It's not a gallery, it's a portfolio, so the images won't change often)

It actually looks pretty cool

Cheers mate, you may want to whack your name somewhere and an email address, (a little bit of free promotion never hurt anyone).

Decryption you've got photos from 2 of my favorite places in Melbourne for just sitting down and staring. The footbridge and the shot tower.

Might I suggest taking your camera over to the left of the spire on the arts building (can't for the life of me think of the proper name for the building) it looks damn nice at night as well.
    garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Originally posted by Quamen@Dec 4 2005, 02:22 PM
    Might I suggest taking your camera over to the left of the spire on the arts building (can't for the life of me think of the proper name for the building) it looks damn nice at night as well.
    Like this perhaps?

I really need to go there at night too.

this is kinda what i have started
    http://testingserver.homedns.org/~lu...tion/index.php

the top font needs changing still and more images added

and maybe a background and the links from the images to change the large picture are not done yet
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog

Nah decryption. While the spire itself is quite cool, there's a wall off to the left somewhere that looks great when lit up at night.
    garethtownsend.info

Melbourne Cocoaheads! - we're cuckoo for cocoa apps!

Originally posted by varsis@Dec 4 2005, 12:56 PM
    Too long i think too load Needs Thumb Images in small
    Yep agreed

With a small tweak you can add another array in images.php and change the fieldname pass to the smallimage.swf

Say if you added into the images.php file the following lines after the main image filename:
    &#036;imagethumb[<rownumber>] = "thumbnailimage.jpg";

And then in top.php you change the line that reads:
    &#036;currentimage = &#036;image[&#036;i];

To:
    &#036;currentimage = &#036;imagethumb[&#036;i];

That would do the trick.

I think in its current form I couldn&#39;t take any credit for it LOL its some pretty basic actionscripting.

Originally posted by mac_man_luke@Dec 4 2005, 02:56 PM
    this is kinda what i have started
    http://testingserver.homedns.org/~lu...tion/index.php

the top font needs changing still and more images added

and maybe a background and the links from the images to change the large picture are not done yet
    Looking great so far, definitely on the right track there

I&#39;m curious what kind of camera are you using?

Originally posted by BiRDBRAiN@Dec 4 2005, 04:54 PM
    I&#39;m curious what kind of camera are you using?
    A Pentax *ist DS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast