Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Ľ Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default iphone 4s Delivery times

has anyone order moved yet?

Considering the release date isn't for another few days, I'd be surprised if there's any change yet.

Yeah, a bit early yet, but when I checked my delivery status I only got an error page.
    "Murder, she says. At a time like this?"

Quote Originally Posted by marcmarcdv View Post
    has anyone order moved yet?
    I'm pretty sure when there's movement, there'll be a thread on it because one cannot contain his/her joy. You're too impatient :P
    The Apple addict

Just spoke to Apple then. My status is "ships by October 14th", they said this means it will be shipped from China on the 14th, being received by the 18th at the earliest!

It means that it will ship BY October 14th, I would bet good money on that your iPhone leaves China (if it is even in China, Apple often stockpiles things in Sydney) tonight or tomorrow. The exact same thing happens with all of Apple's products that they prerelease. They list the shipping by date as the actual release and most of the time they ship way beforehand, putting it in line for an October 14 delivery. In fact sometimes they request that an item be held at a courier's depot until the 14th for delivery. Apple's just covering their ass.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Just saw a report from the US. Some customers getting shipped notifications.
    See it coming our way soon.
    Mac Pro (2006): 2.66GHz Quad, 10GB RAM, 2.5TB total HDD Space, ATI 4780 1GB (PC card, Mac Flashed) || 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2011): 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M ||32GB iPhone 4S w/ Telstra

Soooo you are saying that the people that were really fast with pre ordering actually could get the phone at the door on Friday the 14th? (which is how I understood apples shipping date anyway)?

Anyway looking forward

Everyone who ordered when it listed a ship time of By October 14th could get the phone to their door on Friday, yes.
    That is a could! But it is what has happened before with Apple and I see no reason for them to change this now.
    Mac Pro (2006): 2.66GHz Quad, 10GB RAM, 2.5TB total HDD Space, ATI 4780 1GB (PC card, Mac Flashed) || 15" MacBook Pro (Early 2011): 2.2GHz i7 Quad Core, 8GB RAM, 500GB 7200RPM HDD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M ||32GB iPhone 4S w/ Telstra

I see on 9to5mac that sprint are shipping iphones already. Based on that I will be expecting mine to turn up on friday or monday.

@Ravage221

My experience too, but great! I got a bit confused by peoples interpretations. But all good! I hope I can convince the delivery guy to leave at the door

The first iPad was released on a Friday and I preordered (like I did with the 4S) and I received it on the same day as the release day. I see no reason why this won't be the case for the 4S. I doubt it will leave China on the 14th. It will be in Australia ready to be shipped and delivered on Friday. If not then that is poor form and a terrible way to treat those who preordered early. If that happens then they should really ditch the preorder process or in turn just take the pre away from preorder.
    Follow me on Twitter

People that ordered off Apple in the US are getting shipping notifications. It is only a matter of time.

If I decide to go line up and get one in store, I can take my online preorder into an apple store for a full refund right?

So what is the consensus? Anyone that calls apple are told that they won't be shipped until the 14th. Anyone still expect to get it on launch day?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    So what is the consensus? Anyone that calls apple are told that they won't be shipped until the 14th. Anyone still expect to get it on launch day?
    I would say that is Apple just covering their arses in case there is some hold up with delivery so they don't get people calling up crying (which they will anyway). As I said earlier if this happens then it is extremely poor form and I most likely will never preorder an Apple product again (yeah right - damn you Apple *shakes fist at all my Apple products*).
    Follow me on Twitter

Yeah.. Like there isn't a whole like you can do but I would expect them to be out of China tomorrow at the latest... I think it'd be poor form for Optus to be delivering on Launch day to the first 5000 to pre-order but Apple can't deliver any on launch day to those who pre-ordered?

Will just wait and see anyways.

I was just having a browse through the iPad order status thread from May last year. The preorder process was similar to this one, in that you preordered for delivery on launch day.

In the iPad's case, preorders opened on 10 May 2010, and those who got in quick got a 'Delivers by May 28' confirmation email. Orders went 'Prepared for shipment' between 23 and 25 May, depending on whether you lived in a regional or urban area, and changed to 'Shipped' between 26 and 27 May. It seems that the vast majority of the iPads were in fact delivered on 28 May as promised.

Hopefully this means the iPhone 4S will also be delivered on launch day, although I note that the iPad confirmation email did state 'Delivers by May 28th' while the iPhone 4S shows the cryptic 'Dispatches in Ships by October 14th'.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby08 View Post
    Ö 'Dispatches in Ships by October 14th'.

I sure hope they donít put our iPhone 4Ses on ships!!!!

(If it were a ship, then it better be the interstellar/starship type!)

everyone seem to been geting there new iphone like in the usa and germany but we still haven't got anthing yet.... grrr doesnt look good guys....

Quote Originally Posted by marcmarcdv View Post
    everyone seem to been geting there new iphone like in the usa and germany but we still haven't got anthing yet.... grrr doesnt look good guys....
    definitely not "everyone" seems to be getting them...I do believe however Apple have announced that the UK won't start to receive their shipments until at least the 15th October..could be the same here is Aus?
    I defiantly haven't heard of anyone getting early shipments here, like a few lucky enough in the U.S and Germany..
    Will have to play the waiting game, thats about all anyone can do at the moment..
    Last edited by karter; 12th October 2011 at 07:48 AM.

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast