Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

View Poll Results: What colour iPhone 4S did you buy?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Black

47 51.09%
  • White

46 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black or White?

Talking Black or White?

The launch of the iPhone 4S is the first time you have a choice between black and white on launch day...
    ...the white iPhone 4 wasn't available on the first day, when most of the nerds on this forum would have bought it.

So here's the obvious question: if you bought/preordered an iPhone 4S... what colour did you choose?

I just pre-ordered the 64GB 4S in black (in keeping tradition with all my iPhones I've had!)
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Black may be tradition, but white is currently ahead in the poll.

Tradition or novelty which will win?

Black for hubby and white for me....

My original iPhone 3G is black, but I do love my white iPad

White was available on launch with the 3G/s models if i'm correct. My answer, neither, i'm going to grab a black 16gb 4 when I see fit.

Pre-ordered a white 64GB, so yeah I'm sticking with the white (yes I have a white 4, I'm that dumb. What can I say, I love the look of the white phone and I couldn't wait). my 3G & 3GS where also white.

Black 64gb for me.

Quote Originally Posted by moto51 View Post
    White was available on launch with the 3G/s models if i'm correct. My answer, neither, i'm going to grab a black 16gb 4 when I see fit.
    Actually that's an excellent point you make: I just looked at the iPhone 3G in my pocket that I bought on launch day.... and it's white

I forget because only the back is white; the front is black and that's what I see all day! So more accurately, the iPhone 4S is the first time you have a choice between all white and all black on launch day. The old models had a black face with a white back.

I will be ordering balck for me White for the wife
    Many Shiny Toys with Apple Logos | Some Microsoft Toys too
    If it has an engine or a heartbeat it's going to cost you.
    Drive a VW?

About to pre order the White 64GB

Black 64GB next week for me
    MBP Retina | iPad4 WiFi & iPad Mini Retina Wifi+Cell | iPhone5S | ATV2 | 20"ACD

Decided to go white this time.
    Never been a big fan of the white until the 4 shape, but it has grown on me. Plus, my wife will be getting my black iPhone 4, so it will be easier to tell them apart

Went with white as i had a black iPhone 4, as does the wife, so i thought id give it a go

Decided to go white this time 64GB and the wife wants my black 4.
    iMac 27" i7 3.5Ghz 512 SSD| iPhone XS Max Black 64Gb | MacBook Pro 15" 500GB SSD

The tradition has always been black for me, white for my wife (including iPads) but this time I'm getting white for both.
    Quad Core Mac Mini Server, 15' rMBP, 12' MacBook, Thunderbolt Display, iPad Pro/4/2/Mini, iPhone 6S/6S+, AppleWatch 38/42mm, iPod Touch/Nano, ATV 4, AirPort Extreme, Promise Pegasus R4
    36 Trades

I've always had black for both iPhone & iPad, as has the Mrs, but this time I've ordered White for both of us.

Now the mrs has decided this morning she'd prefer black again. Typical. Do you reckon I could call up and get it amended without loosing my place in the queue?

If I get one, I'd probably get black again as it is easier to match against cases.

Black 64GB for me, Black 16GB for 14 yo son (He's buying it!), and White 16GB for the Mrs (She's buying it too).
    Visit my Christmas Light display at www.lithgowlights.com

Pre-ordered a 64GB White 4S for me, then I can give it to my Wife when the iPhone 5 comes out next year aye !!
    24'' iMac, 15" Macbook Pro, 64GB iPad 3G & WiFi, 64GB iPad 2 WiFi, 80GB iPod Classic, 16GB 2nd Gen iPod Touch, 32GB iPhone 4, 16GB iPhone 3G, 2 2nd Gen Apple TV's, 64GB iPhone 4S

White 32GB for me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast