Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Possible to remotely unlock iphone4?

I'm in a bit of a pickle. Due to my stupidity, I only unlocked my iphone4 with Telstra ands running the latest software 2 hours before departing overseas for 2 months. I tried to sync before I left but the unlock hadn't gone through and my iPhone is still locked, and hence cannot use any overseas prepaid sim cards.

I don't have access to my computer/iTunes anymore, limited internet access, and would like to know if there is any way to unlock it from here. I may be able to find a random computer with iTunes in the UK, but then all my data/files will be wiped I believe, which is not ideal. Is there another way I can jailbreak or unlock my iPhone without using iTunes?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated at the moment.

Many thanks,
    Ollie

Any ideas? At this stage I'm guessing I'll just have to try find a computer with iTunes and restore the phone to unlock. I'll just have to put up with losing everything, but I can find a wifi hotspot and download some of the important apps again etc

Ollie

Find a computer with iTunes, backup your phone - restore then delete your backup from the machine

Otherwise go to an apple store, sure they would help.
    Mac Pro Dual Xeon 2.8GHz Quad, 6GB Ram, 128GB SSD+320GB+3x1TB HDD, Nvidia GTX285, Mac OS X 10.7
    My Flickr | Portfolio/Photoblog