Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I have data limitations and didn't realize I had to burn to DVD before installation, so I have Lion installed and no way that I know of burning without reloading the whole shebang. The Install is not in my Applications folder.

Any suggestions?
    24" iMac - EyeTV digital dongle - satellite broadband - iPhone clone - 16G Wifi+ 3G iPad.

Unless it keeps it self somewhere which by the look of it, it doesn't, you'll have to download it again.

What I did for 4 machines was;
    - Download on iMac
    - copy installer to my external drive which is shared on the network
    - install on iMac
    - copy installer to each mac over the network
    - install on others

I don't see a need to burn an installer at the moment, I can burn one if I need to at a later date.

It goes away when you install it. So I'd recommend making a copy or ripping out the InstallESD.dmg and restoring that to a USB/SD/disk etc. Handy for when you want to reinstall.

Quote Originally Posted by glenmorrow View Post
    I wonder also will software updates now come via the Mac App Store?
    I can see Apple moving this way just to cut out / make it more difficult for those getting Lion through other means. I'm currently still running the GM of Lion (plan to buy it once I get back home). Lion shows up as 'Installed' in the Mac App Sore but doesn't show up in my purchases tab and I'd be surprised if it turns up in the Updates tab. In fact, I might even hold off on buying Lion until 10.7.1 just to see what happens with this.

So how do you re-down load it?

I can't find a way through the app store, no combination of keys and clicking "install" will let me re-download it.

This reminds me a lot of my dads sony laptop and the way it handles things like this...

***edit***

Go into app store, "option click" on the purchased section and it then allows you to re download.
    Last edited by melbmac; 24th July 2011 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dickg View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Who is your ISP? With some ISP's the Apple store and Apple App store are free quota. This includes iiNet, Westnet, Netspace and others.
    iPad Mini 4 128Gb 4G | iPhone 6 64GB | MacBook Pro 13" i5 2.4GHz Retina | Mac Mini i5 | Apple TV 3 |

My ISP is Telstra and they gave me 5GB data over my normal 2GB rather than paying for an upgrade to 50GB, which is their next step up. But I have checked my external drive (SuperDuper) and it appears to be there, so maybe I am covered with the backup.

Thanks for your responses.
    24" iMac - EyeTV digital dongle - satellite broadband - iPhone clone - 16G Wifi+ 3G iPad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2