Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default Cracked screen replacements at Apple

Hey guys,

Does anybody know if Apple does cracked screen replacements on iPhone 4's if they are passed their warranty period? I'll be travelling till the end of July and my warranty would have expired then and prefer to do it when I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by adam89 View Post
    Hey guys,

Does anybody know if Apple does cracked screen replacements on iPhone 4's if they are passed their warranty period? I'll be travelling till the end of July and my warranty would have expired then and prefer to do it when I get back.

yup take it to apple, shell out 250 bucks, and they give you a new one...
    visit my blog.......
    Follow my twitter at http://twitter.com/normandy_sr2
    Follow my PING @ Normandy SR2

In general, a cracked screen probably isn't a fault that'd be covered under warranty. But Apple does do a swap-out for a fee. Fee varies depending on the device but is less than normal retail pricing.

David

We sadly have an iPhone 4 with a cracked screen. Already a replacement for one that got drowned a few months ago. One crack in the top left corner on Saturday, then over night another hairline crack from top to bottom, I presume from cold in Melbourne.

Obviously, once they're cracked they're compromised and more cracks will appear.

Is is the same $250 replacement fee during the warranty period as we paid for the drowned one?

Justin.

Exocet's Avatar Exocet is offline We're gonna need to move you down into storage B.

$250 is the fee for service for repairs classed as "out of warranty". The reason may be due to damage or neglect, or simply that the warranty period has passed.

I got my cracked iPhone 4 replaced for free, because I said the home button was a bit sticky sometimes too.