Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default MYOB suddenly leaving fields blank when printing

Seemingly out of the blue, my old version of first edge started leaving all the important fields on my invoices AND statements blank when printed. Everything displays perfectly on the screen and when saved/printed as .pdfs.
    I've tried changing the fonts and today bought a new printer but MYOB still won't print correctly. My logo is on the invoice, the invoice number is there and the customer's details etc... but no prices, no job description.
    This is driving me MAD!
    Anybody else seen this????

Macbook Pro, MYOB 1st edge 6.3
    Macbook Pro 13", Macbook Core 2 Duo 13", Powerbook G4 12", Ipod 4gen 40gig, nano 8gig, Airport express, iPhone, Wii, xbox 360.

Haven't experienced it, but it does sound like a font issue. Perhaps try a smaller size. Check FontBook to see if you have any conflicts. Maybe also check your invoice stationery & make sure the fields are still there and sufficiently sized, then re-save it under another name and try to use the newly saved one. Are you sure you didn't change something prior to this happening?

If worse comes to worst, you could always just print to pdf and then print from that if that's working OK. At least this gives you a copy of the invoice as it was seen by your client.

I shit you not, it worked a month ago when I did my invoicing and now it doesn't. Everything displays perfectly on the screen or in print preview and when saved and printed as a pdf.
    I'm sure I would have done some software updates etc... But that shouldn't have wrecked anything???
    I've resolved duplicate fonts, repaired permissions, restarted, changed the fonts and font sizes in the missing text boxes... I've tried everything...
    The fact that it displays on screen correctly and as a pdf is the strange part. It just won't print right out of MYOB and I've got buckleys chance of getting any help from them.
    Macbook Pro 13", Macbook Core 2 Duo 13", Powerbook G4 12", Ipod 4gen 40gig, nano 8gig, Airport express, iPhone, Wii, xbox 360.

I'm sure it will be either some minor preference pane or a box to tick.
    Excel used to do something similar where you had to specify the cell range, A1 - F49 etc
    What software updates did you do ? I'd check to make sure your version of MYOB is compatible with your OS version and if necessary update it.

Stewie
    Lotsa Macs - PM's , G3's , G4's & Powerbooks - Love 'em
    ----------------

Quote Originally Posted by rooread View Post
    I'm sure I would have done some software updates etc... But that shouldn't have wrecked anything???
    10.6.7 has been the cause of some font issues and there has been an update for it to fix these. Have you looked on the MYOB forums? I know you'll never get any help from MYOB, but there may be something on their user forums. The only thing I could think of doing at this point would be to reinstall MYOB. You may also have to consider rolling back to 10.6.6 or something too though.

Sounds like a can of worms is about to be opened..... Does anyone know how difficult it is to migrate data if I buy a more recent version of Fist Edge? I'm sure MYOB will try ad make it an expensive exercise! I typed in my products serial number to see what upgrades are available and their website wouldn't even tell me that without asking for money! After poking around their website I've decided that this mob are worse than the banks when it comes to money grabbing.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by rooread View Post
    Sounds like a can of worms is about to be opened..... Does anyone know how difficult it is to migrate data if I buy a more recent version of Fist Edge? I'm sure MYOB will try ad make it an expensive exercise! I typed in my products serial number to see what upgrades are available and their website wouldn't even tell me that without asking for money! After poking around their website I've decided that this mob are worse than the banks when it comes to money grabbing.
    MYOB is an absolute joke. Only company I know of that charges the same price as their products for annual maintenance. I think I paid $599 for accounting edge and they wanted to charge $500 for annual tax updates each year. WTF? Glad I never have to work with them again. The worst part is they don't actually care if you complain when they charge exorbitant annual maintenance fees for annual tax updates because they know the cost of migrating off the platform is too expensive for most people, but they underestimate the number of customers they lose through word of mouth. Every person that asks me, I generally tell not to bother and warn them about the real cost of MYOB.
    http://twitter.com/TheMissionMan / Photo Page
    MacBook Air 13" 2.0GHz i7/8GB/512GB, iPhone 5 64GB, iPad Mini LTE 64GB, Nikon D700, MB-D10, 24-70 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8, 1.4x, SB700, SB600, Benro C3580T, Benro GH-1, Benro C48T

fuckers. This is killing me, if I go and buy another version of their software and the problem persists, I'm gonna go postal. How the fuck can anyone get away with such disdain for their own customers?? And how is their monopoly even allowed?

rooread As I am nearly finished MYOB course, and have been trying to get the hang of things, here are a few thoughts
    1. If you purchase a new updated version, you will be entitled to 90 (?) days MYOB assistance, included in purchase price.
    2. You can open the new version of First edge and 'restore' your old file into the new program, and so have all your data etc ready to go, again if you are not sure of how to do this MYOB customer service should assist you there.
    3. I have just looked on the MYOB for Mac web page (after googling MYOB Support ) and it says that you can trial for free the latest version of First Edge - if you did that you could see if the problem persists without spending any money - the other option is to do thr free download that you can use for a small number of days before you need to pay

Hope that you are able to solve this problem

You are my saviour.... Trial the new version, then buy it, then flog the shit out of their call centre for 90 days! The perfect solution, many thanks.
    Still, it would be nice to know what went wrong on what's been a bullet proof system for many years.
    Eat big bag of dick myob.

As you are living nearby rooread are you able to assist with set up questions? I am seeking an Apple guru.

Am happy to answer any questions you might have, but bare in mind that an accountant is best used for the initial set up. I can help when it comes to recurring invoices, reports, BAS, all the stuff post set up.