Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

cant post a pic yet, but just picked up a 17" mbp, and i *heart* it
    .: iPhone 3GS - 32gig - black .:. iMac 24" Intel .:. iPad 64gig Wi-Fi + 3G .:. 2011 17" MBP :.

Here it is, the setup I've always wanted:

iMac 27'' (2011)
    iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Apple Keyboard
    Magic Trackpad
    Macbook Air 13'' (2010)
    Airport Extreme (2009)

Might upgrade to a Time Capsule but probably not until an update since apparently they break very often. The whole concept of wireless backup is great but yeah until I start hearing better things about them I'll hold off.
    Last edited by Stez; 12th May 2011 at 10:07 PM.
    :P

Stez, your setup looks great.will have take a photo of mine when I get my desk organized.
    iMac 27" i7 3.5Ghz 512 SSD| iPhone X Black 64Gb | MacBook Air 13" 240 SSD

Still have to clean up my desk and get my old pc outa here, but I wanted an old vs new pic. Now I just gotta learn how to use a Mac should be fun

Last edited by SR20DETDOG; 13th May 2011 at 05:03 PM.

Ok guys, I have been following this thread for quite some time now, so I have decided to post my setup

15" MBP UniBody | 27" Cinema Display | Mac Mini UniBody 2010 | iPad 64GB 4G White | iPad 2 64GB 3G White | iPad 64GB 3G | iPhone 4S 64GB White | iPhone 4 32GB White | iPhone 3GS 32GB White

Very nice and clean, LevMac.

Quote Originally Posted by sillydog701 View Post
    Very nice and clean, LevMac.
    Thanks mate, I like your setup also !
    15" MBP UniBody | 27" Cinema Display | Mac Mini UniBody 2010 | iPad 64GB 4G White | iPad 2 64GB 3G White | iPad 64GB 3G | iPhone 4S 64GB White | iPhone 4 32GB White | iPhone 3GS 32GB White

Quote Originally Posted by Stez View Post
    Here it is, the setup I've always wanted:

iMac 27'' (2011)
    iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi
    iPhone 4 32GB
    Apple Keyboard
    Magic Trackpad
    Macbook Air 13'' (2010)
    Airport Extreme (2009)

Might upgrade to a Time Capsule but probably not until an update since apparently they break very often. The whole concept of wireless backup is great but yeah until I start hearing better things about them I'll hold off.
    You forgot Apple Universal Dock!!!

Ollie

Yep. That and iPad 2 dock. Need to upgrade to the iPhone 4 dock but the current one works great so not bothered ATM.
    :P

Quote Originally Posted by LevMac View Post
    Ok guys, I have been following this thread for quite some time now, so I have decided to post my setup

I really like that, all the same wallpapers on each item.... great idea.
    .: iPhone 3GS - 32gig - black .:. iMac 24" Intel .:. iPad 64gig Wi-Fi + 3G .:. 2011 17" MBP :.

Default Workspace 2.0

Workspace Reboot / Workspace 2.0

Did an overhaul of the study room and got myself a slightly larger table. This is the result :-

Front View

Side View

and .... one more thing ...

Converted into a Standing Desk. All components are from IKEA - Vika Amon tabletop with 4 x Vika Byske extendable legs. Not seen is a Signum cable organiser holding two power strips underneath the table.
    MacBook Pro 6,2 ; MacBook Pro 5,3 ; MacBook 2,1 ; iPhone 4 ; iPad 3G 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by LurK View Post
    New here.

My current set-up.
    Cool setup you have there. Don't work at WCCs do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ADAMS77 View Post
    Cool setup you have there. Don't work at WCCs do you?
    Agreed, that's an awesome setup!

I moved a few months ago, and had a new sized space to put the desk etc into...

View from the door.... by yinyang, on Flickr

I still have a 2001 lampshade iMac to fit in somewhere, though that's going to require a bit of thought.
    15" MacBook Pro C2D 2.6Ghz 6Gb RAM, 320GB 7200 HDD, 512 VRAM & 23" Cinema Display
    3g iPod 30GB & 4g iPod photo 60GB & 512Mb shuffle & 2g shuffle & iPod touch 8GB
    & 3G iPhone 16Gb

flickr

here's my new setup thinking of switching the laptop for an imac...
    Trades List iPad Mini in Nissan 350Z worklog Monitor Stand Worklog
    27" 2013 iMac, 32GB RAM, 3TB Fusion, 2GB Graphics 27" Cinema Display 27" Thunderbolt Display

Since my iMac is used more as a media centre than a work station i thought I'd try something different and popped it onto an Ikea LACK Tv unit. just enough (still a bit cautious of over heating) room for the HT receiver, and a lot of room for my overly large collection of external hdds, thanks to only being multimedia on them I only really access one drive at a time so they are collected via a USB hub except for the Studio LX (silver my book) which is connected by FW800. I really don't mind sitting on the floor in front of the machine when using it (like making this post) and some video gaming.

Slightly sub-par photo thanks to GoPro HD Hero Camera
    MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina | iPod Classic 80gb | iPad mini 16gb lte | Samsung Galaxy SII
    HP N40L: 4 x 3tb Toshiba sata; 128gb SanDisk SSD; 16GB G.Skill ram; Smart OS + Linux

Quote Originally Posted by dewy View Post
    Since my iMac is used more as a media centre than a work station i thought I'd try something different and popped it onto an Ikea LACK Tv unit. just enough (still a bit cautious of over heating) room for the HT receiver, and a lot of room for my overly large collection of external hdds, thanks to only being multimedia on them I only really access one drive at a time so they are collected via a USB hub except for the Studio LX (silver my book) which is connected by FW800. I really don't mind sitting on the floor in front of the machine when using it (like making this post) and some video gaming.
    Is that a ps3 I see? Is it plugged into your iMac? Nice idea! How did you get that to work?
    Apple Macbook 13" 2.4GHz core 2 duo.
    Apple 16Gb iPhone 3GS
    Apple iPad2 32Gb Wifi+3G Black

Belkin AV360. Only place I could find it was the apple online store for $169 but I suppose its cheaper than another tv, the idea of which is crazy to me considering I already owned a high quality LED backlit LCD display. Accepts any HDMI input, so when I get the X360 out of my sisters hands I'll be in search for a HDMI switcher/upgrade the home theatre receiver.

Most annoying part about the AV360 is its requirement for power. It comes with a USB A > B cable (printer cable) that it requires for power. However I was able to plug it into the ps3 and it works okay this way. Down side is there is no rear usb on the slim ps3, so i have an ugly white cable plugged into the front of the ps3 at all times.
    MacBook Pro 15" w/ Retina | iPod Classic 80gb | iPad mini 16gb lte | Samsung Galaxy SII
    HP N40L: 4 x 3tb Toshiba sata; 128gb SanDisk SSD; 16GB G.Skill ram; Smart OS + Linux

Belkin AV360. Only place I could find it was the apple online store for $169 but I suppose its cheaper than another tv, the idea of which is crazy to me considering I already owned a high quality LED backlit LCD display. Accepts any HDMI input, so when I get the X360 out of my sisters hands I'll be in search for a HDMI switcher/upgrade the home theatre receiver.

Most annoying part about the AV360 is its requirement for power. It comes with a USB A > B cable (printer cable) that it requires for power. However I was able to plug it into the ps3 and it works okay this way. Down side is there is no rear usb on the slim ps3, so i have an ugly white cable plugged into the front of the ps3 at all times.
    Thanks, ill check it out!
    Apple Macbook 13" 2.4GHz core 2 duo.
    Apple 16Gb iPhone 3GS
    Apple iPad2 32Gb Wifi+3G Black

Belkin AV360. Only place I could find it was the apple online store for $169 .
    Feel silly, I can't find it on the Applestore. Could you put up a link for the AV360? I'd like to buy one. Thanks

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast