Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is there a To Do app that syncs with Mail to do?

found plenty of interesting 'to do' apps but none seem to sync with Mail's To Do list which whilst simple, is something I use quite a bit.

Anyone know of one that will do this?

Chris
    Lots of Apple stuff.......

MobileMe accounts sync To Do's accross via the cloud. They get located in your Mail App and go into a folder called "Apple Mail To Do" - so if you are in your MobileMe inbox, go back up one level and you will see it.

Organized will do that. It's free too

Quote Originally Posted by marc View Post
    Yeah but Mobile Me is 1337
     iMac  MacBook Pro  MacMini  MacMini Server  Time Capsule  AirPort Ext  AirPort Exp  AppleTV  iPod  16gb iPhone3G/3GS White  32gb iPhone4  64gb 3G-WiFi iPad 

I was assuming the OP meant an iPhone app that syncs with mail To Do, which is something I'm looking for also.

Edit: Or just another stand-alone app that also has its own iPhone app and allows them to sync. ie: not an online app, just offline syncing.

I realised in my tired state that I wrote 'Mail' and should have written ical.....oops

and by 'app' I did mean for iphone/touch......

I haven't gotten Mail To Do or Notes to successfully sync with MobileMe!
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

This just seems like an obvious option - to have a to do app that works with your 'base machine'

I guess this was the kind of thing(s) I expected to pop up from app developers but it seems most are pushing their own product that syncs with their software.

Bummer.....maybe someone will do this eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by cbennie View Post
    I realised in my tired state that I wrote 'Mail' and should have written ical.....oops
    LOL. I was about to say!

Yeah, I just 'discovered' this feature....after nearly 2 years of owning a Mac

As much as I prefer to remember "things to do" in my head, it is nice to be a bit more organised and yeah, I love iCal.....I can't stand all these 3rd party free apps....I prefer Apple's own product (like their Remote app - which is superb!). I guess we will have to wait....since their "cut and paste" is low priority, I guess so is "To Do"
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

Madone Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DJY View Post
    I haven't gotten Mail To Do or Notes to successfully sync with MobileMe!
    Make sure your to do folder, which is in both ical and mail, is in your Apple account.

To do this, go to Mail and look for your to do's on the left hand side panel, it'll either have just To Do, or when you click on to do, it will give you two folders, one will be 'on your mac', the other will be the name of your email account.

If your to do's aren't in your server account, then drag them over, and then on sync they will be ther on your iPhone.

This looks massively cool. Pity I'm running Tiger
    | MacBook Air 11" | Mac Mini 2011| iPhone 5 64GB | iPad Mini 16GB | iPod Nano 4GB | iPod Hi-Fi | AirPort Extreme |
    | Traded | Huy | Alessiman | DagrtheSnide | alan7948 | iCameron | chris | dsiew |

So does any one know of any apps for the iphone that sync with leopard system wide todos?

Quote Originally Posted by Jivec View Post
    So does any one know of any apps for the iphone that sync with leopard system wide todos?
    I am also looking for this. I would even pay for an app in the App Store if it worked seamlessly.
    Twitter @fionaisfabulous

~ MacBook 2GHz Intel Core Duo 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 60GB HD with iCurve stand ~ Lacie 500GB Brick External HD ~ Chimei 19inch widescreen LCD monitor ~ 80GB iPod Classic (Silver) ~

I know that a few applications such as omnifocus sync (btw I wonder how much data omnifocus uses?), but I cant find any of do it with ical

Quote Originally Posted by Jivec View Post
    I know that a few applications such as omnifocus sync (btw I wonder how much data omnifocus uses?), but I cant find any of do it with ical
    I have OmniFocus syncing up and it uses very little data indeed, I can't see it accounting for more than 1MB in the week I've had it going.

...since their "cut and paste" is low priority, I guess so is "To Do"

CopyPaste is a great 3rd. party application that has multiple clip boards. Once you've used it, you'll never want to be without it...
    Jimdrum 2.66ghz Unibody MBP, 450mhz. Cube, 15" iMac, 16 gb iPod Touch, 16 gb nano. Successful trades: too many to list!

Is there a jailbreak application that does this?

Quote Originally Posted by aspro View Post
    I have OmniFocus syncing up and it uses very little data indeed, I can't see it accounting for more than 1MB in the week I've had it going.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdrum View Post
    ...since their "cut and paste" is low priority, I guess so is "To Do"

CopyPaste is a great 3rd. party application that has multiple clip boards. Once you've used it, you'll never want to be without it...

Are these free apps on the Apps store? I've seen "To Do" and "Todo" but I don't want it just for the iPhone - it has to be able to synch to my Mac - I tend to type out To Do lists on here, and would like to synch it to my iPhone...So far, none of the "To Do" free apps do it for me. Too basic design and boring lists. Need something more like Evernote - can take pictures to remind me, or dot point lists, or shopping lists...that automatically synchs or "pushed" into space and onto the web/Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by fionaw View Post
    I am also looking for this. I would even pay for an app in the App Store if it worked seamlessly.
    I would prefer a Notes sync application..
    that way it could be used for both!

Since I bought my iPod touch - I use Notes daily!!!
    mulitple iOS devices - iPhone, iPad Air, and iPod nano
    Mac OS X
    - 13 MacBook Pro with Retina, Mac mini for media server, and a Mac Book Air here somewhere still too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast