Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Thread: iColon 1.4

Exclamation iColon 1.4

Hi

just wanted To know if anyone know how to uninstal iColon 1.4 that would be good

thanks
    Kai Macs: MacBook Pro 15inch, iBook G4 14 inch, Power Mac G4, iMac G3 x2,Mighty Mouse x2, New Apple Keyboard,iPod video 80Gb, iPod Photo 60Gb, iPod HiFi, iPhone 3G 8Gb iPhone 3GS 16Gb and iPad 64Gb 3G

Drag to trash?

Do you mean a good way to uninstall it or... it would be good if someone could give you a way to uninstall it?

entropy's Avatar entropy is offline It's the heat death of the universe, my friends

Bloody hell, I had to look it up on version tracker to see what it is. The name was a bit off-putting, to say the least.

Doesn't dragging it to the trash work?
    27 inch imac i7 3.4Ghz 2011 12,2 OSX 10.8

I haven't looked much into it, but the .zip file from VersionTracker had a restore package included. Have you tried that yet?

You mean you want to perform an iColectomy?

have you got it becaus it is a app which you have to use instaler to instal
    Kai Macs: MacBook Pro 15inch, iBook G4 14 inch, Power Mac G4, iMac G3 x2,Mighty Mouse x2, New Apple Keyboard,iPod video 80Gb, iPod Photo 60Gb, iPod HiFi, iPhone 3G 8Gb iPhone 3GS 16Gb and iPad 64Gb 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    have you got it becaus it is a app which you have to use instaler to instal
    If you download it off of VersionTracker again, the uninstall/restore package is included in the .zip. http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24897

That's a new one for me. What a strange name for an Application... sounds painful - what's next? iCancer?

Well I suppose the simplest way would be to Trash the entire Application, first off, and then bring up your Finder - Apple-Command and F keys, (or use SpotLight) and type: icolon - to search for every single instance of where that name exists as a file, and then systematically Trash each and every one of them. Then empty Trash - do a restart and you should be free of the colourful critters.

cheers,

cw

Yes it uninstall with Restore Bundle

thanks for everyone help