Welcome to MacTalk Australia

the largest Australian community for Apple discussions and topics

Join the discussions, Register Now!

Default MacOnline - Service/Postage?

Hey guys

Just wondering how many of you guys have used MacOnline before?

I'm in Sydney and realise that they are Melbourne based, however I am waiting on an item I ordered over 2 weeks ago... via registered parcel post.

Is this normal? It said (when I ordered) that it would arrive between 1-3 business days. It has been 14... :o

Have you contacted them yet?
    http://www.maconline.com.au/catalog/contact_us.php

You can even use the Live Chat function to ask them there and then (I've used this feature before with Telstra and it's awesome)

Yes I have decryption.
    They just replied (when I first contacted them) saying registered takes slightly longer to arrive than Express (which I was told, when selecting the shipping options). By "slightly longer" I assumed it was 1-2 extra days, over Express - as noted when I picked the delivery options, Express was next business day guaranteed, and Parcel Post was 1-3 days (can't remember the exact figure, but it wasn't more than 2 days longer than Express).

I just don't know why it would take over 2 weeks to get to me, from VIC to NSW - I used the online calculator from AusPost and it said 2 business days from their postcode to mine.

LiveChat has always been offline whenever I've been to their website. (It is currently offline).

Quote Originally Posted by Huy View Post
    Yes I have decryption.
    They just replied (when I first contacted them) saying registered takes slightly longer to arrive than Express (which I was told, when selecting the shipping options). By "slightly longer" I assumed it was 1-2 extra days, over Express - as noted when I picked the delivery options, Express was next business day guaranteed, and Parcel Post was 1-3 days (can't remember the exact figure, but it wasn't more than 2 days longer than Express).

I just don't know why it would take over 2 weeks to get to me, from VIC to NSW - I used the online calculator from AusPost and it said 2 business days from their postcode to mine.

LiveChat has always been offline whenever I've been to their website. (It is currently offline).
    Contact them again - saying it's been far too long and enquire as to the hold up. The item you ordered may not be in stock, so it's been ordered from the supplier. (no excuse for not informing you though).

Thanks
    Will do.

It's actually a Griffin Elevator, another MTAU member (Linux_insidev2) ordered at the same time, so it was in stock (he received his in 1-2 days, Express post) so I think it's not related to stock as mine was shipped same time (or thereabouts).

As indicated, 2 weeks for registered post from VIC -> NSW is way too long. Sounds like it's disappeared in transit. Contact them and have them start an investigation to where it went missing. They can lodge something with Aust Post and use the reference of the parcel when it was sent as to being able to track it.

I wouldn't of waited anything longer then a week personally, but all this information you want should be followed up via them. Not here.