PDA

View Full Version : Creating PDF's on the iPad

gtext
12th April 2011, 09:47 AM
Looking for an app for creating PDF's on an iPad. Wondering what people are using and their experiences.

Needs to be able to use a large range of file types inc word excel powerpoint web capture etc.

Found an app called Save2PDF that looks the goods. Any comment about that one?

MissionMan
12th April 2011, 10:10 AM
Most of the native Apple apps have an option to export to PDF for Excel, Word and Powerpoint. I.e. if you have already purchased Numbers, Pages and Keynote.

gtext
12th April 2011, 11:24 AM
Most of the native Apple apps have an option to export to PDF for Excel, Word and Powerpoint. I.e. if you have already purchased Numbers, Pages and Keynote.

Many of the apps I use do that now. What I was looking for was a one app for all file types PDF assembler type app to build up PDF's from various files.

Something along the lines of the SavetoPDF app.

mjankor
12th April 2011, 11:29 AM
Maybe take a look at Noterize.

Erwin
12th April 2011, 01:09 PM
QuickOffice prints Office files to PDF quite well, if you have it. There is also an app called PDF Printer that can do it too - I have both but use QuickOffice as it allows me an easy way to save my exported PDFs onto Dropbox, to be used by my other apps like Goodreader.

gtext
13th April 2011, 12:31 AM
Finally went with Quickoffice and SavetoPDF. The two either by themselves or together should do everything I want I hopefully.

I have noticed though that across the range of apps including Goodreader, Readdledocs, Quickoffice and SavetoPDF have format issues with viewing some docx files. Some images not showing but did view ok when converted to a doc file. Docstogogo less so but did have issues with it not being able to print directly.
Pages that I have is good but is restricted by not having a link to Dropbox.