PDA

View Full Version : iPad 3d

Devil rolla
1st April 2011, 09:47 AM
So this morning I was watching sunrise, and they had a rumour about an upcoming ipad 3d. Both Joe hocky and the other guy had ipads and when Koshie finished talking about the iPad 3D, Joe piped up and said he was in a meeting in silicon valley where they were discussing the iPad 3d, but had signed something not to talk about it, but "since the news is out" it does look good.

Also found this link,
The Future of Apple Design: 2013 iPad 3D | Mac|Life (http://www.maclife.com/article/features/future_apple_design_2013_ipad_3d)

Sounds pretty interesting.
Steve

nbetts
1st April 2011, 10:04 AM
April Fool.

Devil rolla
1st April 2011, 10:08 AM
Bugger, that link too ?

supafly
1st April 2011, 10:13 AM
Bugger, that link too ?

I recommend reading the story by Mac Life a little better :). It is just a dreamt up prototype by Mac Life staff.

"Everyone wants to know what Apple's Next Big Thing will be. So we gazed into our crystal ball to glimpse these four ripped-from-the-future prototypes of devices that Apple could make in the years ahead. Join us this week as we post a new prototype every day thought up by the Mac|Life staff, and feel free to share your own ideas in the comments."

Devil rolla
1st April 2011, 10:25 AM
Fair enough, but the interview on Sunrise and the candid reply from Joe Hockey kinda had me, and Gruber saying a new iPad launching at the end of the year, might of been a preview of something similar.
Oh Wells. ( this wasn't a April Fools attempt. )

marc
1st April 2011, 11:26 AM
April fool joke or not, I hope it never happens. 3D TVs and devices are a stupid idea, imo. Wrong for a lot of reasons and a waste of good R&D time that could be spent on something that actually would be beneficial.

</rant>

Devil rolla
1st April 2011, 12:20 PM
I'm guessing it would make the device ALOT more expensive as well no doubt.

yagankiely
1st April 2011, 12:34 PM
April fool joke or not, I hope it never happens. 3D TVs and devices are a stupid idea, imo. Wrong for a lot of reasons and a waste of good R&D time that could be spent on something that actually would be beneficial.Agreed, wholeheartedly. Some movies look good in the cinemas 3D and can work. Apart from that it's a complete gimmick.

nbetts
1st April 2011, 12:46 PM
Very gimmicky but kinda cool. I had a look at the nintendo 3DS today, its not bad. bit off when you first look at it while your eyes adjust. implementing the same thing on an iPad would be pretty cool for gaming.

pyrite
1st April 2011, 12:47 PM
April fool joke or not, I hope it never happens. 3D TVs and devices are a stupid idea, imo. Wrong for a lot of reasons and a waste of good R&D time that could be spent on something that actually would be beneficial.

</rant>

+1.
This article makes the simple problem clear: Why 3D doesn't work and never will. Case closed. - Roger Ebert's Journal (http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2011/01/post_4.html)

Our eyes know when we're tricking them, and 3D shown on a 2D plane just isn't natural. The "convergence/focus" issue is impossible to solve. When projected light can be terminated at variable lengths and images can be projected with real 3D shape cheaply, it might be worth spending our hard-earned on. Apple would never go 3D using our crappy currently existing tech IMO