PDA

View Full Version : iPad disconnecting from wifi

harper
28th March 2011, 09:08 PM
My iPad (1) is unable to sustain a connection to wifi for any significant period of time. The time before it drops out is not consistent.

I noticed that it still gets a full signal however will say it cant connect to the internet and/or network. It is really strange bc it has a signal however cant connect to the net while other devices (mbp, iphone, imac, bw mediaplayer) all connect to the net no problem through the same router.

The iPad also has the same trouble with other networks (work- nswdet which it has previously worked on floorlessly)

any ideas?

vernflan
28th March 2011, 09:21 PM
Mine was doing that last night. I told the iPad to forget the networks restarted the iPad and join the wifi again and it worked.

harper
28th March 2011, 09:57 PM
Yeah I have tried this (plus renew lease) however the intermittent problem still exists :-(

eggs
3rd January 2012, 09:51 PM
I've been getting this a lot recently too. Doing my head in, I have updated both router and iPad to latest firmware and still getting problems.

changa
4th January 2012, 07:31 AM
This may not be related, but I was having a similar problem with my iPad and iPhone disconnecting from my home network. My iPad would reconnect if I rebooted my router though. After visiting the Apple Genius, we narrowed it down to most likely be a network issue.

(Note this may not be technically correct, but it is what seemed to be the problem and solution for me).

What fixed my problem was adjusting my Router (a Netgear router supplied by Optus) was not allocating out enough IP addresses. . I had not changed the default since receiving it, and the router was originally set to only hand out 10 IP addresses. With the increase in the number of wireless devices in the house (new iPad, AppleTV, iPhone etc) all the addresses were in use, so my iPad, iPhone, Macbook etc was getting kicked off the network.

I simply went to the settings for the router and allowed it to allocate 30 IP addresses. Ever since then, I have had no problems with any of my devices connecting or disconnecting from the network.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but this fixed the problem for me.

4hero
4th January 2012, 09:04 AM
I've been getting this a lot recently too. Doing my head in, I have updated both router and iPad to latest firmware and still getting problems.

Have you tried up'ing the channel number in Wireless Settings in the router? Put it to the highest number (then restart the router) and see if this fixes the issue.