PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 1st gen Ipad

rileybriggs
28th March 2011, 11:33 AM
Just as the title says, Im looking to buy a cheap first gen ipad, to take on the train with me to read e-magazines, books and to put some of my textbooks for uni on it. So I dont need, nor can afford an Ipad 2.

Anyone know of any stores still selling them, specifically the 16GB wifi version?

lach
28th March 2011, 11:39 AM
Right now you'll find there are plenty of people selling their iPads, as they receive their new iPad2. I suggest auction sites like eBay. Put a status update on facebook letting people know you're looking for one. Ask around and keep an ear open and you should be able to get one for a very good price.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

In addition to that, I believe a lot of retail stores are discounting original iPads. Perhaps someone can give more information on where the mobiggest discounts are?

rileybriggs
28th March 2011, 11:54 AM
Everyone on ebay seems to want nearly $500 or more for their 2nd hand model, which is ridiculous.

Marcsteel
28th March 2011, 12:49 PM
Everyone on ebay seems to want nearly $500 or more for their 2nd hand model, which is ridiculous.

WHY, when the refurb purchase from the Apple store online is more!

rileybriggs
28th March 2011, 12:59 PM
Um, there were 16GB ones for less than $400 on the refurb store, and for $579 I can get an ipad 2...

gikku
28th March 2011, 01:20 PM
give David Jones a call for stock, and ask to match BigW on price. (yesterday Chatswood had stock of 32GB+)
http://www.bigw.com.au/offer/ipad

grfxninja
28th March 2011, 02:04 PM
The Harvey Norman store at Bennets Green had a sign up saying 10% off gen 1 iPads when I was in there this morning. Might be worth giving them a call to check stock?
(I didn't have a look to see how much they were or how many they had)

dory_1982
28th March 2011, 10:53 PM
Sold my 16gb WiFi iPad 1 with genuine case, genuine camera con kit & generic dock for $350 including postage on eBay... There are some good deals out there.

smithster
29th March 2011, 03:41 PM
I bought a 1st gen 16G wifi at Tricky Dickies in Townsville a week before the iPad 2 release and only paid $419, cheaper than eBay! I wondered at the time, whether I was doing the right thing, but I don't need another camera, already have too many tel$tra accounts, and I've got a little wifi router than runs a USB 3G, I'm pretty happy!

fompsweeva
29th March 2011, 11:36 PM
Scored a 64GB on eBay for $349!

meldai
30th March 2011, 12:36 AM

You're lucky man!!!

kyte
30th March 2011, 11:14 AM

Well done. Its because of the ridiculously low prices that I have decided to keep mine.

bartron
30th March 2011, 11:37 AM
Well done. Its because of the ridiculously low prices that I have decided to keep mine.

this.

If you can get it cheap then by all means buy it. They are so under priced at the moment it's not funny (doesn't help that Apple prices are so damn good at the moment with an Aussie $ to match). In terms of OS support I doubt apple will drop iPad 1 until the whole iOS line is running on A5's and they force dual CPU use (my mind is still trying to come to terms with a dual CPU in a freaking phone but it's going to happen.). I can see the iPad 1 still being relevant for a while yet.