PDA

View Full Version : The Canberra iPad 2 Stock Report Thread

tcn33
25th March 2011, 04:06 PM
iPad 2 has launched! If you've got solid info on stock levels at Canberra retailers, post it here.

gumby08
25th March 2011, 04:33 PM
Mac1 Fyshwick only has wifi left of all models.

NathR32
25th March 2011, 05:58 PM
JB Hifi Belconnen SOLD OUT (Had about 25)
JB Hifi Civic SOLD OUT (Had plenty, but a massive line)
Myer Belconnen DON'T HAVE THEM YET
Dick Smith Belconnen DON'T HAVE THEM YET
Mac1 Civic SOLD OUT (Well 7 left and about 30 people in line still at 7pm)
Harvey Norman Fyshwick SOLD OUT (Had about 25)

nhand42
25th March 2011, 06:06 PM
JB Hifi Belconnen SOLD OUT (Had about 25)
JB Hifi Civic SOLD OUT (Had plenty, but a massive line)
Myer Belconnen DON'T HAVE THEM YET
Dick Smith Belconnen DON'T HAVE THEM YET
Mac1 Civic SOLD OUT (Well 7 left and about 30 people in line still at 7pm)
Harvey Norman Fyshwick SOLD OUT (Had about 25)

Just called WOW Fyshwick (6:54pm) and they only had 16GB WiFi left.

aggie
25th March 2011, 07:22 PM
Domayne Fyshwick- much to my disgust and against Apple policy took pre-orders 2 weeks ago (with a $50 deposit) - so at quarter to 5 they only had a couple of 16g models available....WHAT A SCAM!!!!

DJY
28th March 2011, 08:59 AM
I checked Mac1 ANU Sat morning. They are all sold out. Demo models not yet out on display.

They said they may not see any more stock for 3-4 weeks... Or whatever the online store supply timeframe indicates.

Anyone have any new updates of stock in Canberra? I'm not sure if I am going to upgrade my iPad1 but would like to see a new iPad2. I'm sure if I see and play with one I will want one immediately!

bartron
28th March 2011, 09:25 AM
JB-HiFi Woden, Fyshwick and Belconnen are all sold out. They have more coming in though and are taking reservations for the next stock arrival. Roughly 2 weeks apparently.

bartron
29th March 2011, 03:50 PM
Mac1 are expecting stock in 1-2 weeks, ahead of the Apple store. Presumably JB will be on a similar timeframe (word is that Apple are pushing stock through re-sellers rather than themselves to reduce workload).

DJY
29th March 2011, 07:41 PM
Mac1 are expecting stock in 1-2 weeks, ahead of the Apple store. Presumably JB will be on a similar timeframe (word is that Apple are pushing stock through re-sellers rather than themselves to reduce workload).

Good info!
I did suspect like with the iPhone's that stocks would reappear in the next week or so...
still haven't seen one yet / decided if I will upgrade though

bartron
2nd April 2011, 09:00 AM
Mac1 had a delivery on Thursday but all devices were spoken for. The delivery on a couple of week is mostly the same. Motto is that if you want an iPad 2 you need to put your name on a list or you aren't getting one, or be prepared to wait for another couple of months or more as demand slows down.

At work we have direct contact with Apple and even then we have a 3 week wait at least

DJY
17th April 2011, 09:27 PM
anyone have any good new intel?

JB HiFi in Canberra Centre claimed they get re stocked weekly... and their waiting list isn't long?
Mac1 told me it is likely to be a 2-3 week wait still - like on line.

icant
18th April 2011, 12:05 AM
I got one at JB-Hifi Woden on Tuesday a week ago. They only had the 3G ones—and may not have both colours. Did not call or book. Walked in and bought.

bartron
19th April 2011, 10:35 AM
hmm...Thought I replied to this yesterday....mustn't have hit submit.

Anyway, if you don't have your name down somewhere then put it down because stock is arriving earlier than the invoice says. I've had two orders in and both arrived early...through work admittedly but one of those involved laser engraving and we had to wait in line like everyone else. Our invoice said they wouldn't arrive until early May but we've had them a week and a half already.

DJY
20th April 2011, 10:06 PM
I reserved one on Sunday and picked it up in Melb on Monday.