PDA

View Full Version : The Brisbane iPad 2 Stock Report Thread

tcn33
25th March 2011, 04:05 PM
iPad 2 has launched! If you've got solid info on stock levels at Brisbane retailers, post it here.

Apoptosis
25th March 2011, 04:23 PM
Not solid, I Spose. But just about everyone in front of my at Chermside (very front of line) has asked for 64gb black 3G models in their ticket allocation.

theloniousmac
25th March 2011, 05:01 PM
Jb hifi indooroopilly started early. Sold out
Hervey Norman indooroopilly. All ipads accounted for.
Trying myer now.

entropy
25th March 2011, 06:06 PM
Everything in town is gone. Jb, big W and DJs. Didn't try myer. Hardy normal pre sold. I hate that company.
Biggest supply I visited was DJs. A Guy there said to try again Tuesday.

braex27
25th March 2011, 06:25 PM
DJs Brisbane CBD was low on stock when I walked out with mine and there were still a lot of people in line.

That was around 5:50pm.

The line outside the Queen St JB Hifi is massive.

Myer I am told has sold out.

Nextbyte (line, very long) and Harvey Norman, unsure.

supafly
25th March 2011, 06:35 PM
Apple Store in Chermside apparently sold out within 30mins...Over half that queued missed out.

braex27
25th March 2011, 08:38 PM
Guys - I wandered around the CBD again and I saw that Myer were still selling but their stock was depleting rapidly, and JB Hifi (Queen St Mall) seemed to have limited stock and were asking people in the queue what they were after and taking rainchecks on models which had sold out. Unsure about other retailers in the CBD.

Philmailloux
25th March 2011, 09:02 PM
JB HIfi in browns plains sold out within 20 minutes. They only had 30 in stock. I got a 3g 64gb black one. Originally wanted 32wifi but they were out by the time I got to the counter :p I was the 28 th sold in line so happy I got it after all. Best part is I only waited 40 minutes in line for it. I checked out Chermside around lunch time and man am I happy I didn't stay there lol

Rogerthatv2
25th March 2011, 09:31 PM
WOW on Ipswich road annerley had quite a few left at 6pm when I left with my new one, worth a call in the morning. No line either, in and out in 10 minutes with 2 white 64gb 3g's

Cheers Daniel

kevinnugent
25th March 2011, 09:44 PM
Jb hifi on Ipswich road annerley had quite a few left at 6pm when I left with my new one, worth a call in the morning. No line either, in and out in 10 minutes with 2 white 64gb 3g's

l

Interesting that the Annerley store isn't on the JB HiFi list of stores that are selling the iPad 2. Maybe that's why no line and stock. :)

Rogerthatv2
25th March 2011, 09:52 PM
Ahh could have been wow to, same store, almost... Hehe

Apoptosis
25th March 2011, 09:52 PM
Theres no JB in Annerley??? Do you mean WOW?

BrettO
25th March 2011, 10:54 PM
The best stock levels I found was at Nextbyte in Adelaide street, I was about customer number 80 in the line and walked out with 2 64gb 3G models at 6:15pm. They had heaps of stock out the back too of all models except white 32gb model. Myer did not even have any stock to give customers at 5pm, courier was late and you were told to come back at 6:30pm (I only know because my brother was in the line - plus they limited it to 1 per customer)

Big w, jb all stock gone in 10 mins, DJs line was bigger than Myer

braex27
26th March 2011, 01:07 AM
^ No the CBD DJs stock was extensive - lasted (I would have thought - can't confirm as I left with mine after an hour or so) two hours and about 100 people got theirs, with a lot of people buying two.

bawpcwpn
26th March 2011, 10:11 AM
Myer, DJ's and JB Hifi's in Brisbane are all out after a few phone calls. DSE claim they aren't stocking them yet. I assume Apple and Nextbyte are out as well.

Myer said they expect a shipment next week?

FoxyBoxee
26th March 2011, 10:12 AM
Myer Carindale nil stock, they got 100 in, no idea when more will be in so they aren't taking names

Cods
26th March 2011, 11:35 AM
Just spoke to pretty much every Big W near the highway between Robina and Brisbane CBD, plus Indooroopilly.

Not all of them carry the iPad.

Those that carry it, the larger ones like Robina, Carindale, CBD and Indro, none of them have any stock.

jonhas
26th March 2011, 12:05 PM
Big W Indooroopilly? I don't think so. Neither does BigW Store Locator (http://www.bigw.com.au//bigw/storelocator/store_finder)

Just spoke to pretty much every Big W near the highway between Robina and Brisbane CBD, plus Indooroopilly.

Not all of them carry the iPad.

Those that carry it, the larger ones like Robina, Carindale, CBD and Indro, none of them have any stock.

tim
26th March 2011, 12:06 PM
Just placed a hold on a wifi 32GB at Domayne at Bundall on the Goldie. They said there were a few 16 and 32s wifi black left. Don't know when any more will come thru...

Fedgrub
26th March 2011, 01:53 PM
Apple store Chermside got more in this morning. There's a bit of a line though.

gorleegor
26th March 2011, 03:58 PM
Apple store Chermside got more in this morning. There's a bit of a line though.

Chermside apple store queue disappeared in midday Sat so I assume they have sold out their stock too!

Cods
27th March 2011, 07:21 AM
Big W Indooroopilly? I don't think so. Neither does BigW Store Locator (http://www.bigw.com.au//bigw/storelocator/store_finder)

Yeah, that would have been Mt Ommaney, not Indooroopilly. I wasn't paying attention to the details of each store as I called them, not unless they said they had stock.

Hazard of using Google Maps search on the iPhone for "Big W" and calling every one of the eleven between my then-current location on the Gold Coast (Robina) and my destination in Brisbane.

My mistake on the Indro/Mt Ommaney location - good pickup! Either way, they didn't have any stock.

kevinnugent
27th March 2011, 10:19 AM
WOW Oxley had none yesterday - didn't know when the next lot will be in but "you can put a deposit on one".
DSE and Big W at Orion Springfield Lakes got no stock at all at launch.

Seems resellers are tapped out.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Anyone queueing at Chermside or Robina this morning?

dmeston
27th March 2011, 11:03 AM
JB HiFi at Browns Plains wanted payment in full to secure one in the next batch..

Personally I'd rather wait 3 weeks from my Apple order.

D

WOW Oxley had none yesterday - didn't know when the next lot will be in but "you can put a deposit on one".
DSE and Big W at Orion Springfield Lakes got no stock at all at launch.

Seems resellers are tapped out.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Anyone queueing at Chermside or Robina this morning?

kevinnugent
28th March 2011, 06:10 PM
No-one else got any info in/around Brisbane?

OKIadmitit
29th March 2011, 03:47 PM
I spoke to a greeter at Chermside yesterday and he advised me that you could visit their website (apple.com/au/chermside) after 9pm and reserve one for pick up the next day. I tried it last night but site said nothing was available. Considering its the other side of the city I'm not keen to drive out there just to be told that there's nothing available, so would like to reserve something.

Trainload
2nd April 2011, 07:16 AM
I tried the reservations again last night at 9:15 ( a little late, I know). I got nothing at Chermside but there were 64GB Black 3G ones available to reserve at Robina. I would have made the drive, but I want a 64GB white wifi model.

dmeston
3rd April 2011, 05:59 AM
You need to do it right on 9pm. There were about 5 models available last night for pick up today.

entropy
3rd April 2011, 08:36 AM
Yep, last night the chermside reserve listcame up with a pretty full range right on 9.00EST.

Got myself a 32gb 3G black. The white ones sold out very quick

kevinnugent
3rd April 2011, 11:35 AM
Was at Chermside at around 10am this morning. They were selling iPads. No line as such. I saw a couple buy 2 16gb 3g versions....after just walking in and grabbing a staff member.

PeterHsieh
7th April 2011, 10:23 PM
Went to David Jones in City today. Still out of stock. Just being informative :).
I need to get mine at David Jones ~ Cause my teacher gave me 200$ Gift Card for my graduation xD. <-- random details...

PeterHsieh
8th April 2011, 04:12 PM
Ok. Went to David Jones again. Saw someone buying an iPad 2 :D. Turns out there is a 200 customer list... ok Name is on it :).
The hard part.. waiting DX.

sam_boss260
8th April 2011, 05:31 PM
Check out Next Byte. I walked in on Tues and picked one up.

sam2011
8th April 2011, 09:08 PM
Harvey Norman at Garden City had 2. Both 16GB, I think one was wifi the other 3G

PeterHsieh
9th April 2011, 10:15 AM
I would so get one now... but ~ I have to get it from DJ's.. cause I got their Gift Card =_=...

PeterHsieh
12th April 2011, 04:05 PM
Yay. I've got my iPad :D over only a 4 day wait.

kylewalmsley
18th April 2011, 01:11 PM
As of today, the 18th of April, these stores currently have no stock left and are unsure of delivery dates for the next stock:
Myer Queen Street Mall
JB HiFi Macarthur Central (building cnr of Queen and Edward)
JB HiFi Albert Street

iross
26th April 2011, 05:13 PM
At 10:00am today, 26-4-11, the Chermside store was packed with people.

They seemed to have plenty of stock across the range. I asked for a 32GB+wifi+3G white. No problem.

The overall shopping centre was very busy so don't know how the stocks held up.

Might be worth a look at reserving tonight for anybody interested

BTW, thanks for the forum. Very helpful

Ross

SeaShell
29th April 2011, 12:52 PM
I was in at wow last week April 20 and they had a couple of non 3g ipads available. I put an order in for a white wifi 3g any size and ended up with a 64 gig that came in today.

sam_boss260
16th May 2011, 03:41 PM
I thought that stocks would have been replenished and all ok by now.... but it doesn't seem to be the case.

I am wanting to get another iPad for my wife, and seeing as we have some Myer vouchers, I was wanting to get it from Myer. But it seems that they are all out of stock and don't know when anymore is coming.

Does anybody know of any stocks coming into any Myer stores in SE Qld? Am willing to travel for it.

iross
16th May 2011, 06:30 PM
Don't know of stock but try putting your name on a wait list. Found the people here very good.

I was on a list at Indooroopilly and had two offers over a couple of week but got mine at Apple

A few days ago the Myer rep told somebody they don't know when or what they will get

sam_boss260
19th May 2011, 08:39 PM
Most myer stores are not doing waitlsts anymore because demand is too great.

So I have been ringing the stores everyday to see if they have stock. Pretty frustrating... I have to get it from myers as I have vouchers

entropy
22nd May 2011, 03:15 PM
Just got a call from bigW MacArthur chambers in the city.
I had put my name down on a list the night iPad 2 were released.

So I guess that means they have a bit of stock.

kevinnugent
18th June 2011, 10:51 AM
Devices in stores now, guys?

Orangepeel
20th June 2011, 07:30 PM
Devices in stores now, guys?

Have you done any ringing around or pounded the pavement yourself??

kevinnugent
20th June 2011, 09:25 PM
Yes, you're right of course. I should find out myself and not tell anyone else. Silly me.

You may have noticed that msg #30 just up a bit was from me letting others know where to try back then. I've also bought 3 ipads myself since launch.... for family and even one of my staff. So, keep your attitude to yourself, citrus.