PDA

View Full Version : iPads GarageBand Review to make you want it

sirstaunch
17th March 2011, 01:58 AM
In a detailed review, MacWorld’s Chris Breen recommends GarageBand for iPad (5 out of 5 mice) as a “flexible and affordable” tool for anyone “from musicians to tin-eared newbies.” Writing that GarageBand “may be the most inspiring musical iOS app I’ve ever used” — and suggesting that it “deserves a Grammy” — Breen highlights the app’s standout features, including Smart and Touch instruments and the eight-track recording studio. He concludes: “Musician or not, it’s a must-have app.”

GarageBand Version: 1.0 Review | iPad Music App | Macworld (http://www.macworld.com/appguide/app.html?id=835978)

Haven't tried or looked yet if it's capable on the first iPad :o

yinyang
17th March 2011, 03:02 AM
it's works well enough on the current iPad - it's great fun and definitely worth the money just for the fun of playing the drums and pretending that you can play the guitar!!

My 9 year old daughter has already composed something with it and had a lot of fun doing it, so isn't that what it's all about?

mmulhern
17th March 2011, 05:58 AM
It is worth the $5.99 just for the fun. Showed to a couple of mates, who use Logic, and they were definitely impressed in what you can do with it on an iPad. I don't think one of them was joking when he said it could be the program that tips the balance for him to buy an iPad when the new one comes out.

sirstaunch
19th March 2011, 05:45 PM
And I've bought it myself too, it's great fun. Haven't created a top ten hit yet but a couple of small ones that are quite impressive tunes. Um where's a good upload place rather then MySpace for us MacTalkers to share our iPad only GarageBand creations? That would be fun heheh!!!

skritter
21st March 2011, 09:51 AM
New idea for a site. 'GarageSpace' a place where all can put up there Garage Band Hits

mmulhern
21st March 2011, 09:54 AM
And I've bought it myself too, it's great fun. Haven't created a top ten hit yet but a couple of small ones that are quite impressive tunes. Um where's a good upload place rather then MySpace for us MacTalkers to share our iPad only GarageBand creations? That would be fun heheh!!!

iCompositions (http://www.icompositions.com/) - and they also have an app so that you can listen to your favourite artists as well.

sirstaunch
24th March 2011, 07:58 PM
Yeah I'm a member of icomposition and posted a few tracks. Just thought it would be a nice thing to have a place for MacTalk members if there's enough of us interested. But all cool if not ;)

alzzla
3rd April 2011, 07:53 AM
GarageBand for iPad is awesome. Had it since it released. Working on 2 songs at the moment. Will post once I'm happy with the finished product. lol Plus GarageBand 11 been updated a few days ago to support my ipad creations now. Still haven't tried it yet though.

aero_nz
3rd April 2011, 07:22 PM
Enjoying it so far, I have an irig and it works seamlessly with my guitar for mucking around and recording!

Has anyone tried amplitude? Im tempted but the free version is unimpressive and the $20+ price tag is putting me off...

alzzla
5th April 2011, 07:12 AM
Thought I share my first tune with you guys. Was playing with the 50's FX Synth, and yeah it slightly evolved from there. lol It's Kreepy this by AlzzlA on SoundCloud (http://snd.sc/eOT5J6)
What you's think??

I have an irig and it works seamlessly with my guitar for mucking around and recording!

I want to get that too. As I have a few guitar riffs I want to convert into proper songs.