PDA

View Full Version : Any Perth retailers likely to have stock day one?

PCKid
14th March 2011, 07:29 PM
I rang Macworx in Joondalup where I got my iMac. He didn't have a clue yet. Can't say I've seen Perth DSE stores with iPads at all. JB-Hi Fi Mac section guy had no idea either. I work in Joondalup area and was hoping to walk in and buy one somewhere on the 25th. I want the top of the range 64GB with 3G so hope that doesn't sell as quickly. Have already unloaded my iPad 1 on a reli so am getting itchy fingers for a replacement already. Hope they will carry the Smartcovers from day one too.

Trabb
14th March 2011, 07:35 PM
I bet the Perth apple store would have some on day one, but not sure about anyone else.

VOOK
15th March 2011, 02:21 PM
Perth Apple Store will 100%.

For the rest of the stores, they won't tell you even if they know - all of them. They did it for the 3GS, the iPad and the iPhone 4.

The best trick is to ring them the night before and just ask 'Are you opening early tomorrow'. Not ask about iPad 2 or mention anything of the sort. All the stores open early for it if they have it. It's like code.

There's no point ringing now either, has the be done the day of, or the night before. Stores won't know until then - and normal retail drones on the floor won't know either (and if they do they can't tell).

My plan is to try Nedlands Nextbyte, for the first iPad there was only 8 people at 8am - walked in and walked out. Blammo.

whyhellojoe
16th March 2011, 11:57 AM
long time stalker and finally conceded to registering..

i'm going to try my luck during lunch time due to work (GAHH). i hope there'll still be stock. anyone lining up at apple store that would be willing to help me get a white 16gb wifi unit + a little extra for your time of course. please PM me. i'm working close to the city area so upon purchase, you can drop it off and i can hand over my first born *cough* i mean money to you :)

@VOOK: i heard the "will you be opening early" was a hit and miss with some apple stores in america. worth a try with resellers though as i cant see them wanting to open early without having anything special

VOOK
17th March 2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah but when you ask they seem to 'get' what you're asking. They can't tell you flat out that yes they'll have them (because of Apple). But I'll be trying that I think.

whyhellojoe
17th March 2011, 11:03 AM
Yeah but when you ask they seem to 'get' what you're asking. They can't tell you flat out that yes they'll have them (because of Apple). But I'll be trying that I think.

ah. ic. i've heard some people doing phone preorders. i wonder if myers, dick smith, etc will do so

GlossyMac
17th March 2011, 02:10 PM
If I'm going to line up, whyhellojoe, I'll do it for you.
I can buy up to 4 for people..
Little extra = $80..
Let me know guys, I'm happy to help.

GlossyMac

Leopard
17th March 2011, 03:56 PM
Perth Apple Store is not selling iPad 2 at Launch.

macman142
17th March 2011, 04:52 PM
What about MaxStyle in Myaree?

minski
17th March 2011, 04:54 PM
Perth Apple Store is not selling iPad 2 at Launch.

Source?

Blaqjaq
17th March 2011, 07:40 PM
for iPad 1 launch, I got to JB HiFi Joondalup at 8am, they opened at 9am, at 9am I was still the only person waiting, had my choice of models and walked out at 9.05am with an iPad. They did only have 2 or 3 of each model though

I would be very surprised if they didnt have the same, or more, for iPad 2