PDA

View Full Version : Do you think we will see a better Photos app in the near future?

nibbles
14th March 2011, 03:42 PM
Seeing as apple have released iWork, iMovie and garageband for iPad do you think we will see a better Photos app closer to iPhoto on the mac on the release of iOS 5. The reason I ask is because we are going to get an iPad for my granddad, he loves his photography but currently there is no way to create albums on the iPad (as far as i'm aware) or retouch photos without making a copy and having it enter camera role at the top of the list.

Ecto1
14th March 2011, 04:50 PM
I would not at all be surprised if we see iPhoto come to the iPad in the next 6 months or so. If iMovie can be made for the iPad I'm sure it wont be hard for iPhoto to be made for it.

aero_nz
14th March 2011, 05:02 PM
I would not at all be surprised if we see iPhoto come to the iPad in the next 6 months or so. If iMovie can be made for the iPad I'm sure it wont be hard for iPhoto to be made for it.

Agreed, to be honest im surprised imovie and garageband made it ahead of iphoto!? or a mobile version of Aperture

Lutze
14th March 2011, 05:06 PM
Seeing as apple have released iWork, iMovie and garageband for iPad do you think we will see a better Photos app closer to iPhoto on the mac on the release of iOS 5. The reason I ask is because we are going to get an iPad for my granddad, he loves his photography but currently there is no way to create albums on the iPad (as far as i'm aware) or retouch photos without making a copy and having it enter camera role at the top of the list.

I'd like to think that it will happen... but I'd be surprised if it happened with iPad2.

I think iPad X with retina display will get it. Trying to edit photographs to a degree that iPhoto / Aperture can currently do would be horrible on a resolution as tight as an iPad. At least, that's how I'd sell it if I was Mr. Jobs.

Fedgrub
14th March 2011, 07:27 PM
I think its a given.

nibbles
16th March 2011, 07:24 PM
really hope it's in iOS 5!

marc
16th March 2011, 07:28 PM
I think its a given.
Yeah, would definitely be on their radar and a very good chance for iOS 5.