PDA

View Full Version : 4.3GM on iPad 2 ?

Devil rolla
10th March 2011, 11:01 PM
Hey guys,
Weird question, but a mate wants to buy my iPad 1, but I'm in love with multi-gesture in 4.3GM.
Hypothetically, could I restore an iPad 2 to 4.3GM so I can unlock the gestures ?
Cheers,
Steve

yagankiely
11th March 2011, 04:04 AM
They work for me in the released 4.3. I didn't even do everything needed to get it but they appeared.

Devil rolla
11th March 2011, 12:13 PM
*Excellent*

Alec Fraser
11th March 2011, 01:31 PM
Just on your original question, the answer is no because no 4.3Beta/GM was released for the iPad 2. The iPad 1 4.3Beta/GM wouldn't install on an iPad 2 in the same way you wouldn't be able to use a 4.3Beta/GM package made for the iPhone 3GS and restore it on to an iPhone 4.

Oh and there is usually no difference between a Gold Master (GM) package and the package released to the public. So if something works in the GM, it should work in the public release.

Devil rolla
11th March 2011, 02:16 PM
So, if i connect an iPad 2 to the xcode, it will still give me the gestures ?

Alec Fraser
11th March 2011, 02:25 PM
No idea. As yagankiely said they work on the original, I'd assume that would be the same with the iPad 2...but remember, they're different device packages same as the iPhone 3GS and 4 so they might not.

No way to tell for sure until someone has an iPad 2 in hand and tries it.

yagankiely
11th March 2011, 02:56 PM
Just on your original question, the answer is no because no 4.3Beta/GM was released for the iPad 2. The iPad 1 4.3Beta/GM wouldn't install on an iPad 2 in the same way you wouldn't be able to use a 4.3Beta/GM package made for the iPhone 3GS and restore it on to an iPhone 4. You can, but it'll get stuck in DFU (I think) and then you have to do some crap with some 3rd party tool to get it out of DFU loop and FINALLY you can downgrade.

No way to tell for sure until someone has an iPad 2 in hand and tries it.Which shouldn't be too long now; less than a day.

maclab
11th March 2011, 04:10 PM
It woundnt make sense for it not to be there in the ipad 2 ios, it is for developer testing and i think Apple would like to see the gestures used in apps for ios 5 release later this year to match lion ....... Fingers crossed, its going to be hard to break the habbit of swiping the ipad now.

Devil rolla
11th March 2011, 05:46 PM
It woundnt make sense for it not to be there in the ipad 2 ios, it is for developer testing and i think Apple would like to see the gestures used in apps for ios 5 release later this year to match lion ....... Fingers crossed, its going to be hard to break the habbit of swiping the ipad now.

my thoughts exactly.