PDA

View Full Version : Twitter app update, annoying bar, want to restore previous version.

maclab
9th March 2011, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know the date that the twitter app got updated with that stupid annoying bar thingy? I want to use timemachine to bring back the previous version.

Thank you

vacantengaged
10th March 2011, 10:12 AM
I think it was Monday. And they've done another update since then.

mac_man_luke
10th March 2011, 10:26 AM
ah good idea

Somehow my version of Camera+ got updated and i lost the volume button shutter button which was awesome.

0rsm
10th March 2011, 10:34 AM
I think it was Monday. And they've done another update since then.

Yes the new update means the bar never overlaps tweets anymore.

fother
10th March 2011, 02:03 PM
is the bar still there by default? is it able to be switched off?
I've been holding off updating after seeing the bar...

gehenna
10th March 2011, 04:15 PM
Yes and no.

its less intrusive now though

maclab
10th March 2011, 05:03 PM
Can you believe my luck, timemachine rolled over as of Tuesday, cant seem to access prior to then, and its been two years since i had it. Anyone know a way around it so i can access earlier?

Thanks

fother
11th March 2011, 12:26 PM
Yes and no.

its less intrusive now though

thanks.

still gonna hold off then - doesn't seem like the updates really gain anything except the bar I don't want

gehenna
11th March 2011, 12:50 PM
Several UI changes have been made. I don't expect to see them revert the changes so you might be stuck on your version for a while.

alzzla
1st April 2011, 06:24 AM
Well good news people. Twitter has an update in the App store, and the quick bar thing is GONE!! :) Appears a lot of people hated that added feature, so Twitter removed it.

Personally, when the quick bar was first introduced, it was annoying. Then it was updated, and it was a whole lot better with it staying at the top. So I was okie with that. Never really understood what it was for anyway.

fother
1st April 2011, 09:21 AM
:thumbup: updated this morning, finally - waited 3 weeks, and avoided every having the quick bar :D

Angsty
1st April 2011, 09:45 AM
Not sure if I want to try it again, then again, today *is* April Fools Day.

I have a copy of the 3.2.1 version saved on my hard disk and locked against accidental deletion; see no reason to upgrade to version 3.3.3 just yet... Fool me once Twitter.....

alzzla
1st April 2011, 10:00 AM
Not sure if I want to try it again, then again, today *is* April Fools Day.

The update is genuine. If you don't believe me go here -> Twitter Kills The DickBar :: App Advice (http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/03/twitter-kills-dickbar/)
That's how I found out they updated it. It's the 31st March over in the USA, so I doubt it's an April Fools joke.

Plus I hate doing pranks, and wasn't that happy when my sister pranked me this morning. Oh well.. lol

a1ring23
4th April 2011, 02:03 AM
Personally I didn't mind it, but now that I've got the old version back, it's so much better!

Angsty
4th April 2011, 10:14 AM
The update is genuine. If you don't believe me go here...... so I doubt it's an April Fools joke.

Fair enough :) After being burnt by the horror of the dick-bar (and other recent updates), I am now a *lot* more cautious before I automatically accept an update offered by the app store. I now make sure I have a copy backed up somewhere just in case (IceTV, I am glaring at you!)

Ang

vacantengaged
4th April 2011, 11:21 PM
The problem is, if you don't update, you get that stoopid notification badge on the App Store icon saying you've got one app to update. Would be good if you could skip it.