PDA

View Full Version : Motorola V620 with Mac OS X Address Book

soferfam
30th October 2005, 11:13 PM
I have a Powerbook G4 15" and a Motorola V620 mobile phone. I would like to use the Mac Address Book 4.0.2 to send SMS's via my mobile but the SEND TO SMS phonebook option is greyed out.

I can successfully use iSync to sync contacts, calandars and use e2Sync to sync Entourage via bluetooth,a s well as browse the phone via bluetooth, but I cannot seem to activate bluetooth for sending SMS's via Address Book

I can pair the phone successfully within Address Book. When I go to Mac System Preferences-> Bluetooth and and do a reconfiguration, it communiocates with the phone, but then unchecks the USE WITH ADDRESS BOOK option.

The V620 is on Apple's site as a compatible phone, but seems only with iSync and not Address Book usage??

Has anyone succesfully been able to use a V620 with Address Book for SMS's?

Thanks... Rob

iluvmymactoo
30th October 2005, 11:57 PM
The function to use SMS via Address Book is not available for Moto phones. I have the V620 as well.

soferfam
2nd November 2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks. Maybe I need to look at another phone. Over and above iSync, which phones are compatible with Address Book as well for sending of SMS? Nokia 6230i?
Thanks

marc
2nd November 2005, 10:55 PM
The Sony Ericsson phones work well with Address Book, iSync and all other OS X features.