PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to transfer video to iPad?

firstmac
4th March 2011, 09:15 PM
Hi guys, I am using VLC for my iPhone 4, but it's taken out of App Store now. Is there an equivalent for iPad?

sirstaunch
4th March 2011, 10:53 PM
Unfortunately No. Is the iPhone VLC different then the iPads? You should be able to put it on the iPad as well if they are the same because you can put your bought Apps, Songs and Videos onto five different devices ;)

LithgowLights
5th March 2011, 12:50 AM
Personally I convert them with Handbrake and then drag them into iTunes & store the files on the iPad until I view them. I also use Airvideo for live streaming direct from the PC via wireless when at home too.

Oh and sirstaunch, you can activate 5 PC's on one iTunes account, but you can put the songs.video's etc on a LOT more than 5 devices. I know pwoplw who have 15+ devices and share the one library of apps, songs, movies etc on all the devices (Yes they have 7 kids & more money than brains lol)

firstmac
5th March 2011, 10:38 AM
Sweet, I'll try that.

ednap
5th March 2011, 12:30 PM
I use Mac The Ripper then Popcorn into iTunes

beattz
13th March 2011, 11:57 PM
Hi guys, I am using VLC for my iPhone 4, but it's taken out of App Store now. Is there an equivalent for iPad?

There are a couple of other apps that have similar functionality as VLC, the best of which is OPlayer:
OPlayer HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store (http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/oplayer-hd/id373236724?mt=8#)

14th March 2011, 01:10 PM
There is also CINEXPLAYER and it's video quality is far better than VLC