PDA

View Full Version : Just brought an iPad a month ago. The shop NEVER said there was an iPad 2 coming out!

rreguson
3rd March 2011, 09:03 PM
Not happy about this at all!!!!!!! I would have never ever brought it if I knew this. THE STORE WHERE I BROUGHT IT NEVER EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A NEW ONE COMING OUT:mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone know if there is an email support for apple iPad?

Rjat
3rd March 2011, 09:08 PM
It is likely that the store itself did not know. Talk to them and see what they say.

woody993
3rd March 2011, 09:09 PM
*bought*

mactalkuser8282
3rd March 2011, 09:10 PM
As per Apple Sales Training, you are not allowed to talk about any products that may or may not being coming out.

It sucks but that's the way Apple operates.

iPadlover22
3rd March 2011, 09:11 PM
Not happy about this at all!!!!!!! I would have never ever brought it if I knew this. THE STORE WHERE I BROUGHT IT NEVER EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT A NEW ONE COMING OUT:mad::mad::mad:

Does anyone know if there is an email support for apple iPad?

Sorry to sound harsh, but it's the consumer's job to do research into a product before buying. After all, why would a business tell you specifically not to buy a product because a new one is on its way? They're job is to sell, so that's what they do. Look on the bright side, you still have a great product and it's use won't be affected by the fact that there's a newer one out. As for support, you can email them through the website, but I don't think there's much they can do.

ZacDavies
3rd March 2011, 09:12 PM
Quick, call the buyers remorse police

changa
3rd March 2011, 09:14 PM
I bought my iPad back in April last year on the day it launched. Apple never told me that a new one was going to be released the next year.....if only I had known that Apple actually upgrades their products. Who would have guessed.

Should I buy the iPad 2 or do you think Apple will release iPad 3 sometime?

Stez
3rd March 2011, 09:19 PM
You're fault for not researching. I'd be upset as well though, but it wouldn't happen to me because I'd research. Without being a dick, go back to the store, talk to the manager, tell him you're disappointed and you never know. But as things stand, you aren't entitled to a new iPad.

melbmac
3rd March 2011, 09:35 PM
Nawwwwww.........

Nice first post by the way...

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Should I buy the iPad 2 or do you think Apple will release iPad 3 sometime?

Nah, they'll never upgrade the iPad2....

andytlr
3rd March 2011, 09:35 PM
If you fill in this form (http://bit.ly/h4R98D), they should give you a new one.

iCantwait
3rd March 2011, 09:51 PM
Which store?

skritter
3rd March 2011, 09:58 PM
If you fill in this form (http://bit.ly/h4R98D), they should give you a new one.

HA Ha! Good one...

tcn33
3rd March 2011, 10:08 PM
I don't see the problem. Your iPad didn't become any less awesome just because there's a new one.

LifeIsCheap
3rd March 2011, 10:28 PM
It could be worse. I saw someone buying one in JB Hifi in the CBD today!

Beckachecka
3rd March 2011, 11:28 PM
Haha, think how I feel. I just got my iPad 1 last week and I'm sure they knew about it then! Mostly I'm upset because they are going to have similar prices for the new one so I could have had that instead. And now mine is worth nothing because they just go and drop the prices like crazy so it now has next to no second hand value. So, pretty upset here..

Rayd
4th March 2011, 12:02 AM
most stores have a 14 day refund policy... so if it really has been 7 days just go get ur money back... and wait another 3 weeks :)

just realised i read "month" as "week" please excuse , its late :P

kyerussell
4th March 2011, 02:11 AM
umad?

1) Nobody knows about Apple product launches except for people that need to know; the list of people that need to know excludes Apple Store employees.
2) Apple Store employees are not allowed to speculate with the public about products that Apple may or may not launch, as well as anything else about Apple.
3) It's their job to sell stuff to you, why would they tell you to not buy something? The employee isn't going to risk his job and lose his cut purely because there was speculation floating around about the iPad 2 coming out. Apple people speculate about everything anyway; nobody really knows.

In the end, you got what you paid for and it's nobody's fault but yours that you missed out. It's your responsibility to research before you buy.

davemc
4th March 2011, 07:19 AM
As per Apple Sales Training, you are not allowed to talk about any products that may or may not being coming out.

It sucks but that's the way Apple operates.
Yeah was at Donny apple store Wednesday and someone asked is a new one coming out. The answer was do not know we do not get told.

Erwin
4th March 2011, 07:25 AM
I think the rumour about the iPad 2 coming out between February and April was already in media reports in December last year. This is one reason why I have delayed getting an iPad, but will get 2 of them in 3 weeks or so. :)

bosc0
4th March 2011, 07:25 AM
The employee isn't going to risk his job and lose his cut purely because there was speculation floating around about the iPad 2 coming out.

I don't think Apple employee's get a "cut" :)

LithgowLights
4th March 2011, 07:35 AM
I bought a new car and the VERY NEXT MONTH they bought out a brand new model with more features, better performance and... Oh yeah I knew because I actually took the time to research my $40,000 investment, knowing what I was getting, when the new models were likely to come out, and historically they release minor updates every year, and major updates every 2 or 3 - just like Apple does!

Sorry, no sympathy here, as a quick look on 4 or 5 common Apple and technology forums has shown that some of the top iPad topics have been rumours, thoughts and guesses when the new iPad would be announced, and what it will/may/wont have in it

aaronja87
4th March 2011, 07:52 AM
I work for a well known Apple reseller, not Apple themselves, and I can say we find out when Apple tell us (usually release date). I don't get up early to watch the keynotes etc, I find out when customers call me at 8:30am asking about the new product. Don't get angry at the store, we speculate about products and release dates as much as the general public. And, as a salesman, I sell. It's what I do, I sold an iPad 1 just yesterday.... she didn't do her research as said above.... not my problem or fault that she will have a superseded unit.

I also own a second-hand car, It was second-hand when I bought it, but I'm not crying about it being an '05 when I could have bought a 2011 model... But I'm pretty sure they will release a 2012 soon too.. hmmmm

TheKeddi
4th March 2011, 08:07 AM
I like how people join mactalk to complain as their first posts.

Like others have said, get off ya bum and do some research, not like you don't have the Internet at your fingertips is it???

dotnet
4th March 2011, 08:50 AM
How do you think I feel? I bought a Macbook Pro in 2009, if I had known there would be new models I'd never have bought it!

Cheers
Steffen.

Fedgrub
4th March 2011, 09:02 AM
Thats the way life goes. It hurts, but you still have a great device.

Jimbo
4th March 2011, 09:17 AM
This guy managed to get a full refund on his, worth a try...

Guy gets refund for ipad (http://bit.ly/f9HvT3)

Rust
4th March 2011, 09:20 AM
lol I think the OP gets the hint now :)

WhyNotKenny
4th March 2011, 09:24 AM
c'est la vie

Spend more time on the forum from now on yeah? You should've just blogged that post, because it's obvious you're not too keen for discussion. Looks like you're just up for a bit of a rant.... blog that shit, ah, stuff.....

V23
4th March 2011, 09:53 AM
Like everyone has previously stated Apple explicitly tell their employees not to speculate on new products at all.

mitty
4th March 2011, 12:40 PM
Goddammit. I bought my iphone 3gs almost 2 years ago, and now a new one might be coming out? Pretty damn disappointed Apple, I hope you'll give me a full refund.

tonyberinson
4th March 2011, 12:47 PM
sorry no sympathy - maybe if you had joined Mactalk before today - you might have found that out...

Steeley
4th March 2011, 12:58 PM
Look, I understand the issue is you bought it a month ago. But you're really not missing out on much with the new release. Sure it's faster, but unless you're using video intensive apps that won't really matter. And I know Facetime is a nifty little thing, but more people use Skype anyway...when's the last time you Facetimed anybody? Probably the day you bought the product just to test it out. So just relax...you've got the same resolution screen, something that's negligibly heavier, the same screen size and the same apps...you're golden.

Lutze
4th March 2011, 01:37 PM
I like how people join mactalk to complain as their first posts.

Like others have said, get off ya bum and do some research, not like you don't have the Internet at your fingertips is it???

Well he does now that he's got an iPad ;) Maybe he didn't before then :D

WhyNotKenny
4th March 2011, 08:39 PM
Look, I understand the issue is you bought it a month ago. But you're really not missing out on much with the new release. Sure it's faster, but unless you're using video intensive apps that won't really matter. And I know Facetime is a nifty little thing, but more people use Skype anyway...when's the last time you Facetimed anybody? Probably the day you bought the product just to test it out. So just relax...you've got the same resolution screen, something that's negligibly heavier, the same screen size and the same apps...you're golden.

glass half full kind-a-guy..... the world needs more people with your kind of a perspective.... :)

stewy38
5th March 2011, 08:31 AM
I brought a iPad back in Jan 11 as I needed it then. Couldn't care about whether iPad 2 has better features or what. Anyway who's going walk around carrying an iPad just take pictures when most people would have a camera for that.

simonm
5th March 2011, 09:35 AM
You won't get much sympathy here. You didn't think that Apple would ever release a new iPad? There've been rumours/speculation about iPad 2 since before iPad 1 was even shipping but the iPad 2 rumours have been in overdrive for months. I've been waiting for iPad 2 since the first one came out.

ednap
5th March 2011, 09:37 AM
Can understand an element of your frustration, nevertheless you still have a gread product and though they will not tell you when its highly likely the iPad 3 will be coming too :)

savas
5th March 2011, 09:55 AM
Somehow reminds me of when you tell someone the importance of a backup, they repeatedly ignore your advice, and come whinging to you or to forums when something eventually does go wrong...

Sorry to hijack the thread

Stez
5th March 2011, 10:13 AM
Somehow reminds me of when you tell someone the importance of a backup, they repeatedly ignore your advice, and come whinging to you or to forums when something eventually does go wrong...

I hate it so bad when people do this, probably going to get a perma-ban for raging at somebody about it eventually, people's ignorance is crazy.

everunman
6th March 2011, 09:08 AM
This story may help the OP
Apple confirms $100 refund for those who recently purchased an original iPad -- Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/04/apple-confirms-100-refund-for-those-who-purchased-an-original-i/)

BiRDBRAiN
6th March 2011, 12:51 PM
If you didn't know about the iPad 2 rumours, chances are you bought a device you should be happy with.

applefamily
6th March 2011, 01:41 PM
Buyers of old iPad may get refund, posted Saturday 5th March, 2011

Hope this helps

http://http://story.albuquerqueexpress.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/3a8a80d6f705f8cc/id/751878/cs/1/ht/Buyers-of-old-iPad-may-get-refund/