PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for iPad Forum Reader App

Japester
3rd March 2011, 08:33 AM
I'm after something like Tapatalk for iPad. I'm tired of using Safari for the MacTalk forum.

What do you guys like?

alzzla
3rd March 2011, 12:03 PM
Well before the website had a complete overhaul, I thought a forum reader app for MacTalk would be great.
But now, I think the website works well on my iPad. Though I understand your frustration. :)

I reckon a dedicated app like the ones for eg: Engadget, Appadvice, Ars Techinca, with a forum thingy within would be great.

tom5955
3rd March 2011, 07:53 PM
Pretty sure Anthony said both a mobile theme for the website and an app based off the default vBulletin app would be released soon.

skritter
3rd March 2011, 10:37 PM
I'm after something like Tapatalk for iPad. I'm tired of using Safari for the MacTalk forum.

What do you guys like?

Check out iCab instead of Safari. Much better browser.

opilot87
3rd March 2011, 10:55 PM
Check out iCab instead of Safari. Much better browser.

Wow thanks for this suggestion. I don't have an iPad yet, but the main thing holding me back was the pathetic browsing experience on it. Jobs said it was the best device for browsing the web, but with all the forums I visit, instead of opening several threads to a background tab, you have to open in new tab, let the browser switch, then switch back to the main screen etc. useless. This app may just be exactly what i was looking for!

Ollie